Tuesday, June 9, 2020

My Thumb, Leftovers, Dresser, Patterns

If you are eating and are squeamish, you might want to read this later.

It must have been Friday night when I sliced my thumb open, and it appears it will be okay. I thought it looked funny the other day. It does because I actually sliced it three separate times jumping when I cut it deeply. 

Later that night, I changed from a darker colored dress I was wearing around the house into a nightgown. I had two strawberry patches on my upper thigh. No, it was two huge spots of blood. Then, I wondered what was on my pink tote bag--large drips and runs of blood. There is no telling where I have spread the red stuff. If it won't come off, I will press another tote bag into service and not carry this one out. 

Tuesday night, we ate a bit of three foodstuffs--two hotdogs and a bit of chili sauce, less than a helping of a casserole of chicken and Stove Top. We halved those and had a salad with tomato and dressing. I think we had something else. At least we cleaned out containers that were in the way and did not toss food. I did put the rest of the hotdogs in the freezer. 

It is so humid here that opening the door for the last few days involved having hot, humid air slap me in the face. It was almost like running into a wall. I feel like I am being suffocated by the heavy air. LOL...summer in Alabama. 

When I came here, I looked into one of Tommy's other bedrooms he has closed off. In there was a very heavy dresser with the upright things that hold a mirror. It is dark wood and solid wood.  I was oohing and aahing over it and he said I could have it. I am so happy since I lost several case pieces.

Plus, there were about a half dozen boxes about 12"x14" that are marked "patterns." I was emptying my sewing room and wanted to put the patterns and everything into one place, so he has kept them for me. I emptied my Butterick Pattern cabinet by just taking things out and quickly packing boxes. So, nothing is sorted or tossed. I just now thought that maybe there is elastic in one of the other boxes. 

In the morning, I will look for elastic. 

6 comments:

  1. I believe if the blood would not come out of the tote bag I would bid it sayonara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I need something to carry gardening things outdoors, so I will use the one that the blood is on. I looked at it and it has other stains, too. It's one of the tote bags from Publix. I will try to remove the stain.

      Delete
  2. Regarding humidity, one of our local weathermen refers to it as "air you can wear." Hope your thumb feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      It is so true that it is "air you an wear." My thumb is getting there. Still tender.

      Delete
  3. Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide on the blood stain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had peroxide but could not locate it so grabbed the Clorox wipes and it came off immediately.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...