Saturday, October 17, 2020

Almost Free Halloween Decorations on Friday and Football

 In November 2019, I bought a huge duffle bag of what I assumed were Halloween items. I just unzipped it and saw a safety green jack o lantern. Well, today, we took the duffel bag outdoors and took everything out. It was a treasure trove of Halloween stuff for $3!

Safety green jack-o-lantern for trick or treat

orange jack-o-lantern that plugs in...works

very bat girl dress, size 3-5

mask with beating heart on tube...yikes

three-pumpkin plaque to hang on door...hung now

Happy Halloween banner written in blood

Jason hockey mask

4 yard stakes with lights

Dracula cape--large

hanging skeleton with white drape/skirt 

hanging pumpkin head with black drape/skirt

tombstone still in package

6 hanging ghosts

hanging inflatable pumpkin with streamers

cute pumpkin tin box--9"x9"

and....

dried up Degree deodorant--thrown out, naturally

bubbly Christmas light--waiting to see if it works

Most of these items were still sealed in their packages or had price tags on them. I doubt if we will make anything else and we certainly won't buy anything! I will let Tommy put things up as he seems to enjoy it. 

and

That makes 15 usable Halloween items and one for Christmas. Each item was $0.19. The adorable tin is the only thing I mig

Tommy has been watching the Auburn game on TV. Later, he will watch the Alabama game...sigh. I never complain or sigh. This will dominate for several months.  

Some days, Tommy is anxious to please me with TV shows. He gives me my choice instead of turning on what he wants. THEN, the next day or the next weekend, he announces matter-of-factly that he is watching whatever football game...lol. I think he is setting me up for his watching without me objecting or needing to go somewhere. Funny! Do you have someone who becomes very easy to get your way so he can watch a game? 

How are your decorating efforts coming along? Have you bought Halloween costumes or decorations at yard sales? 

14 comments:

  1. What a nice find-good for making people happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      We were happy the $3 was not wasted. Yes, it made us happy.

      Delete
  2. We live in Alabama. Fall Saturdays are for football. I am pretty sure it is the law here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came back in from hanging plastic pumpkins and cauldrons on the ocotillo.
    It looks like many in the neighborhood are decorating. I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Good for you and neighbors. About half the people on this street decorate. I am glad, too.

      Delete
  4. How neat to get all o that for $3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I thought so. I was hoping it was all Halloween items.

      Delete
  5. We have separate TVs in my house so I won't have to watch sports, lol. But I do get set up for things when a certain someone wants his way about something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I could set up his older, smaller one in my bedroom if I were very determined, I suppose. He objected at first, but has mellowed now. I know how much he enjoys Auburn and Alabama games, so I have nothing for him to do and offer to make treats.

      Delete
  6. That was a good find.
    Not long now 'til Halloween :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. My only Halloween decorating is real pumpkins. That way I can start purchasing them, if I like, in September and keep them around through Thanksgiving. It's a nice fall look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Usually, that or my graveyard are usually all I have. I like pumpkins. I cook them after Halloween and Thanksgiving--edible decorations. I like the look, too.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...