Monday, October 5, 2020

This and That and That's a Good Boy

* I found the beautiful pink purse #1, perfect in every way and told you about it. But, when I go shopping, I need something to hold cards, phone, and coupons just when I go into the store. Usually, I have pockets for my phone, and the tiny purse, I wear-- a really tiny. cheap crossbody purse #2 won't hold the flip phone and keys. 

Sooo, I found a cheap purse #3 that is the exact color of my beautiful pink purse. It is small purse that will hold my phone and keys. It was $11.97 but when it was rung up, it was $7. That was a nice surprise. 

I am afraid my large, beautiful pink purse will be stolen with all my worldly goods I carry in it. This tiny one might be yanked off my neck, but I won't lose so much. 

* When appliances have been delivered in the past, I have been aware that they were bolted to boards, sort of a base. Maybe you know what I mean. I went out to the truck to get a look at my freezer and saw it was sitting on something that looked like plastic skids. When I asked the guys what the plastic was, they assured me that they would removed those. I had them leave them on the freezer. Since it sits on carpet, I thought it might help it not to be overheated. I worry about things.

*  When we went to the park to eat our Reuben, we drove through the park, looking at the houses backed up to the park. I wanted to see the beehives again. 

A man came up behind our car as we were still eating. It scared me and I locked my door. It turns out he was just an old man taking a walk. A few minutes later, a dog walked up to our car and a bit beyond. He had a rope tied to him, just a rope about 12 feet long tied in a knot to his collar. He found what looked like a pork chop bone and attacked it, chewing and wagging his tail.

Then, I noticed the man has crossed the road in the park and stood waiting, looking at the dog and calling him. The dog was busy with the bone and finally got a piece of it caught in his mouth as he broke it. He began clawing at his mouth and finally dislodged the bone. I know clawing at his mouth did not help at all. It was all sort of frightening. 

The dog paid no attention the man calling, so after about five minutes, the man came and got the rope. I told him about the bone having  been stuck in his mouth. So, he said the dog eats all bones and this happens. 

We drove about the park and he was approaching us on the way home. We stopped and talked with the guy. It turns out the dog had chewed up his leash and the guy got the rope from his shed. He said the dog's name was Pancho and he was only seven-months-old. Pleasant man, sweet dog, and nice conversation. 

* The white plastic shelves I bought Sunday were so easy to put together. I could not push the legs into the shelves, but Tommy did it easily. Then, I leaned on the unit to seat the legs. And, I can carry them myself. They are 32" tall, 12 inches deep, and 20" wide. They are not pretty, but will do the job of holding the cases of water. They are an improvement over the kitchen chair that holds them now.

* I taped the edges of one short-sided box and put it on the big shelf unit. It looks better than a cardboard box. Now, I have three more sitting here waiting on me to tape.  The dark blue tape with constellations in gold is pretty. It works for now.

* As I came from the store, Tommy drove up to the curb and I drove the electric cart behind the car to unload stuff. Two very nice men came up as they were going into the store. They offered to help and I let them, thanking them profusely. As they left, I had to tell them that the guy driving could not walk at all, that he was not lazy. I didn't have much, but I was barely able to stand up to load things into the car. Nice people are everywhere, thankfully. 


14 comments:

  1. I cover boxes with contact paper to use in my laundry room. I like somewhat of a uniform look to kind of organize the chaos in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Good idea! It has to be so much easier than this tape.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for calling me a nice person. You did call me a nice person, didn’t you?

    Have you ever considered that you might have a pink purse fetish?

    I shall now retreat to safety before you throw a shelf leg at me or put some of that blue and gold tape over my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall saying any such thing. But, I was looking for black both times.

      Delete
    2. When you said at the end of your post, “Nice people are everywhere, naturally” you surely included your readers!

      Delete
  3. Pink is my favorite color. I wear it alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is my favorite color, too. I had lots but it is all in the dump!

      Delete
  4. I am so happy you run into people that will help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim.
      So am I. That day I was barely able to walk from electric cart to car.

      Delete
  5. I’m happy if you’re happy to find the little pink purse. I like tote style and even small backpacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Tote style is too heavy and I don't care for the small backpacks as I could never get one on or off. I only like a really small crossbody. I am happy.

      Delete
  6. thank goodness nice people still exist.
    It is hoped they don't succumb to the bitterness of the times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I don't think that will happen. There are still plenty of smiles out there.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...