Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Double Coupons, Refund, Dental Appointment

I had my Ronco spaghetti and coupons on the belt at the grocery store. I mentioned to make sure the coupon actually doubled.  There are times at The Pig that the coupon does not double on the pasta and it should. They always rectify the problem. Well, Tuesday, the manager said he got an email that there are no more double coupons. Bummer!

This was the last good deal. All the senior deals are going away. I hope The Pig still has the 5% deal for seniors. Have you found any of the special deals of any kind that help cut costs are disappearing? 

Tuesday, I went to Cullman for a dental appointment. I had two fillings on two teeth right next to each other on the bottom. The cavities were just little lines at the gum line. I was in and out in 25 minutes. I was shocked the time was so short. 

I know I brush well and often, always at least twice each day. Often, I do brush more often each day. I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come as far as cavities forming. The last cavity I had healed itself and just sits there. 

I took my boombox and the bird call cd and listened to that while he worked. I did ask first. Yes, I know a phone and ear things would be less of a hassle. The cost after insurance was $96.

When I arrived at the dentist office, it appeared I was going camping, running away, or something. I had my purse across my chest, a throw blanket for my feet rolled up and under my arm, and this clunky boom box.  

The money was in my account because I had just gone to the store where I bought the dishwasher. I was refunded $100 back to my account, a refund for installation. It worked out well, going straight to the dentist. 

Tuesday Lunch--Whopper Jr, fries, tiny Coke

Tuesday Dinner--hamburger without bun, sweet potato, green beans, butter on my sweet potato

I put a package of onion soup mix in the ground beef and used the meat masher to stir in the dry soup mix as the ground beef cooked. It was so delicious! 

Tuesday night, Tommy and I were talking about food and eating. He exclaimed he could not believe how much I ate. I asked him if he noticed I was fat. He said, "but you never gain weight with all you eat." He was not being mean, just astounded. I weighed a pound less on Wednesday than on Tuesday. 

He brooks no discussion when he is wrong. Just yells at me. 

Are you finding good deals are passing away?                                                                                                                                                     

27 comments:

  1. Unless you're snacking a lot, your meals don't seem large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I was stuffed after both meals. I ate few fries. About an hour after lunch, I had a truffle. Before dinner, I had a banana and milk, and afterwards peanut pbj. I have gastroparesis, so must eat a little and often.

      Delete
  2. My daughter shops at Piggly Wiggly (“The Pig”) where she lives in Alabama but I go Krigering here in Georgia because there are no Pigs near me. Kroger stopped doubling coupons several years ago and I really miss that. Currently you get 3x or 4c fuel points Fri-Sun and the last couple of months I have been able to get 50 cents pergallon off my gas fill-ups at Kroger’s gas stations. In my book that is nothing to sneeze at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      I would rather shop at Kroger's for the food.

      Delete
  3. No stores around here double coupons anymore. They haven't for over 2 years. Now I just try to stock up when I can. That is a good idea about taking the boombox and cd to your dentist appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      This was the only one I knew about that doubled coupons. It was really pleasant hearing the birds. I did not like their music they had that day.

      Delete
  4. We don’t have the pig here, just Kroger’s with their fuel points offer. However, gas at Kroger is more expensive than some other places. I have moved shopping over to winco in general and then Albertsons for their “specials”...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oltmans,
      I don't have Kroger or Albertsons, so no specials. I love to cherry pick. Publix has some good specials, so I will have to be satisfied with that.

      Delete
  5. does he actually yell? that is dreadful if he does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Scream, yell, cannot be any louder! Or meaner! Vulgar! Scatology! Profanity!

      Delete
    2. Is he really mad when he does this, or is this just the way he communicates? Either way it's unfortunate.

      Delete
    3. Alice,
      He is very angry and goes from calm to a storm in a second. He then gets more angry and curses me for not retaliating and yelling at him like he did at me. He says I am trying to so good and not yell.

      Delete
  6. I find that if a person gets older the teeth seem to deteriorate even with good brushing, flossing and a healthy diet. I do not know why this happens but also diabetes T2 plays a role and it becomes much harder to keep healthy teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      This is not something I am happy to hear. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Trust me I am not happy to experience it. I take very good care of my teeth and still have issues.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I have many teeth intact and with no problems. I am going to see what I can do not to have more problems. Right now, I am taking care of the few problems I do have and the dentist wants to replace all the regular fillings and use white fillings.

      Delete
  7. Yes on the lack of good deals, Aldi is the only grocer in my town that still puts out a Wednesday ad in the newspaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      And, Aldi is the only grocery store I do not shop. The Pig is the only ad not in the little pink bag that is thrown in the yard. Oh, there is one other store where I don't shop and it does not have electric carts.

      Delete
  8. Yes it is very hard to find any good advertised deals or coupons any more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of our coupon deals went away in the last few years as well, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good deals are getting harder and harder to find. Also our gas went up about 40 cents a gallon in the fast two weeks. Yikes!

    I need to go to the dentist but will have to sell my first born child to get the money. Medical and dental are very expensive in Nevada. My son went to a dentist who gave good deals and did a good job but now he can't remember where it was. Figures - lol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Try Physician's Mutual as that is where I get dental insurance. They pay $501 for crown. I don't know if you have to be with them for a certain amount of time. But, I have received good value for my money.

      Delete
  11. I had never heard brook used as a verb....I looked it up and once again Linda, you have taught me something new!

    John has had spells where he goes from just fine to being a royal butt too. After a short time he usually calms down and apologizes. Since he has begun to be so confused he is much calmer and less likely to fly off the handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I love it when I can contribute something. It seems like Tommy forgetting things just makes him more volatile.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...