Thursday, February 4, 2021

Things and I made pizza dough

 Wednesday, I was supposed to go to Huntsville to pick up documents to give to my attorney. When Tommy woke me, I said okay. Then, the came back and I moved and groaned. I think he came back a third time or either I got up. But, I told him I could not go, that I was too exhausted. So, we did not. An hour later, at 10 am, I told him I was tired and going to bed. I awoke at 3:45. Yes, I was exhausted. 

We went for a ride. I made spaghetti for dinner, using the seasoned meat from Tuesday night and dumped in the green beans. It was delicious until I dumped all but the first few bites onto the carpet. It was in a pile, so I used my hand to remove the top of the pile and left all the meat and the rest of the spaghetti and sauce on the carpet. A dishtowel amazingly removed it all. Not even a stain was left. 

After the spilled spaghetti, I was too disgusted to eat the leftover sweet potato! Wednesday night--a bit of spaghetti,  two granny smith apples diced, sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon and butter in the oven. 

So, spaghetti with meat and green beans, baked apples. Lunch was a bologna sandwich eaten at 4 pm, so I suppose it was breakfast and lunch about dinnertime. banana and apple. The spaghetti had red bell peppers and mushrooms in abundance. 

Speaking of carpets, the dishwasher guy unloaded the rest of the undersink items. I had a tub of stuff I bought and dragged it out before he came. Tommy had complained about me touching his stuff. So, his stuff was removed by someone else. The guy did not put it back which was okay. I told Tommy to let's go and see what needed to be kept and what needed to be thrown out. 

The four things the guy removed were all for carpet cleaning. Tommy said to throw them all away as I showed him one at a time. There is more of his stuff under the sink, but I was not going to deal with that right now or then, as it were. From the way he talked, the carpet cleaners were at least 30 years old. Things that needed to be thrown out are slowly being thrown out. 

A day later he laughed and told me when he first got the new carpet, he got down on his knees and cleaned every tiny spot on the carpet. He was laughing because he does not care now. Well, he cannot get down on his knees or use a carpet cleaner. He said he even rented a carpet cleaner!

I was so exhausted after the dishwasher installation episode, I did not even wash dishes. The next night, I put in a few things and ran it. Thursday, I will start washing the dishes from dinner tonight and the stacks of dishes that were here when I came here. I predict that our consumption of paper plates and plastic forks and spoons will decrease dramatically.  

The plumber managed to stab his index finger with a screwdriver as he inserted the little plastic screw to attach the toe piece on the dishwasher. He jerked back and sort of moaned as he snatched off the thin glove he used. He sort of rocked back and forth on his knees. He was shaking. I think he was trying to keep from crying from the look on his face. Or curse, or scream. 

He jumped up and put his finger under the faucet and I came and asked to see it. It definitely could use at least one stitch. He let it bleed with water running on it. I gave him a clean dishcloth and he wrapped it up. I didn't know where a band aid was located. I gave him Mupirocin to put on and then just gave him the whole tube. He was grateful and expressed it many times. I need to find the band aids!

Several months ago, I finally found pizza dough mix. I decided I would make pizza dough and a pizza. Tommy said sauce and cheese were find. He would prefer other ingredients, but said he wanted just cheese. 

If I had followed the directions on the package, it would have been perfect. But, no! Why follow directions? 

I bought a second brand to compare, so I may make that later because I need to eat or freeze the pizza sauce. It took a third of the 14 oz jar, about 4 ounces. So, I will freeze it in two half pint Ball canning jars. It is so expensive that I am going to make the next batch of pizza sauce and freeze the homemade one. I have found pizza sauce recipes on the internet. Does anyone have a recipe or advice as to how you make pizza sauce. It cost $2 for 14 oz. 

When my brother was about 12yrs old, he was a bottomless pit and my mother fed him all the fast food he wanted and all she could cook of healthy food. I had gone to school and learned from friends to make pizza. Maybe I was married. I told her how to make the pizza dough from a little mix, dress it, and make them in her oven without cost and leaving home to go buy food for him. Now, I forgot what I bought or did that I taught her. 

Now, I am going to the kitchen and load the dishwasher with things that are recently dirty and dishes that have been sitting here for at least a year before I arrived. Hopefully, he will allow the chipped and cracked dishes. If not, he can wash them himself. I don't want them breaking in the dishwasher. I have told him he repairs the dishwasher if anything breaks and messes up the new dishwasher. 

No, I am not making dough from scratch. 



22 comments:

  1. You have dirty dishes that have been sitting there for a year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      They had been here for over a year when I got here! He yelled and would not let me wash them. So, I did not. He is a pig! Today, they will be put in the dishwasher or thrown away.

      Delete
  2. No cockroaches or ants or mice?? How many plates did he own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie,
      I am still fighting roaches, the big outdoor type and German ones. Needless to say, I wash everything before using! He refused to let me spray. But, now I told him I WAS spraying, so he is paying for the roach spray. They were in cabinets and everything. Disgusting.

      Delete
    2. Bobbie,
      I forgot to say that he had a stack of dishes in the refrigerator that he reused without washing. He did get those out when I wanted to put food in the refrigerator. He has not used a plate since we got paper plates which we will not use for meals anymore.

      Delete
  3. The pizza sauce was $2 for 14 oz? and you have enough left for 2 more pizzas? If so, I think that is pretty reasonable, and it would cost much more in your time and energy to make your own. Have you tried checking with the social services in your area to see if someone could come in, clean and declutter the home, disinfect and spray for insects? I do not think that can be a very healthy living situation for you or Tommy, as it is right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      I looked today and it was $2.89 for 14oz. I can make it for less than $1. And, I won't use sugar like this has. No, it is getting done. He does not want a crew of people coming in and decided what needs to be thrown out. He is hiring people to do as HE wishes!

      Delete
  4. The pizza sauce is a very good price where you live. Here it would be 2x the price. I say stick with it since it lasts you 3 meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheapest price when it's on sale is $3 for 700 ml which is about 23.5 ounces. The regular price is about $5.00 sometimes more but still under $6. I guess that means our sale price is better than your deal of $2 for 14 ounces but it is not so easy to get the sale on a regular basis.

      Delete
  5. Here is an easy pizza sauce recipe that only calls for 1 tsp of sugar or you can omit the sugar.https://joyfoodsunshine.com/easy-homemade-pizza-sauce-recipe/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not. But now that I've found it I might use it when I don't have any ready made on hand. WE go through a fair bit of pasta sauce especially in winter.

      Delete
  6. When people are unwell they just struggle to do the most basic things. I had an aunt who was quite sick, I went there one day and she had prepared cake pans in the fridge, she wanted to bake but ran out of energy after the pans were done. I'll never forget it, I learned something that day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I can understand your aunt! I do struggle with energy.

      Delete
  7. For pizza sauce I mince garlic and onion and saute in a small amount of olive oil in a sauce pan. Then add an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce. Pinch of pepper, salt and oregano. I usually add some parmesan cheese at the end to thicken the sauce and give more flavor. You can add or omit to suit your personal taste. This makes enough sauce for a large pizza, calzone or stromboli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori,
      Thanks. That is the simplest recipe I have read. Quite frankly, I was not going to put 10 spices and two kinds of tomato in it. If I like this the first time (which I am sure I will), I will make enough to freeze in portions for one pizza. The last pizza and only pizza I made only needed about four ounces. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  8. Making pizza dough from scratch doesn't taste much different than the pre-made store-bought stuff in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...