Saturday, February 27, 2021

Saturday

 Saturday was an exhausting day for me. We had planned a trip to Cullman about three times, and each time, I just said, "no" to the prospect. Since we knew the mail was piling up, I just went today. First, I started an antibiotic. 

I had to pick the mail out of the PO box. It was packed so tightly. It took several minutes to extract all the mail sometimes, one piece at a time! Once sorted, half of it was junk. Isn't that always the way?

Then, we got some DQ and sat in the park for a bit. There were many newly hatched ducklings looking like leaves on the water as they paddled along. It is always so relaxing there. 

My lot is still there...lol. We headed home. I felt like doing none of the things I usually want to do. 

Once home, I wrote a reply to Kim and went to bed for a 2.5 hour nap. And, here I am. There are things on the agenda, like cleaning in the kitchen before the woman who cleans gets here. I keep telling Tommy that we can do some stuff or pay her. These are things we do anyway. 

I discovered I need more red items in my wardrobe. I had only a dressy red tee and it had to go in the washing machine alone. Usually, it gets washed with black items, but it was getting dingy looking and little black balls of fuzz on it. No more. 

My head quit hurting. Then, nausea started. Now, just exhaustion. Chest and head congestion are worse and coughs are productive since I started guaifenisin.  I am pretty sure this is not Covid 19. But, I need to get better so I can get the covid vaccine and have it be effective. 

Friday night, we had salad and meatballs. Saturday night, same menu. 


8 comments:

  1. I wish you could have someone stop for errands for you when you feel so sick. I'm sorry, as you don't sound well at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      At least Tommy drives me. I don't feel well, but I am not getting worse. The antibiotic should help.

      Delete
  2. Can't you just have your mail forwarded to where you live now? DQ sounds good! I haven't had a peanut buster parfait in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I did not know I was going to be here for so long. We tried the new chicken chunks, broiled or something. I have never had a peanut buster parfait!

      Delete
  3. That is how our mailbox gets ever since the pandemic started as we don't check it as often because we don't go ut on most days. Sometimes it is way too full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I have decided I need to carry a tote bag in order to get it all to the car.

      Delete
  4. I remember once having a PO Box; it would cram up like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...