Friday, April 30, 2021

Grocery Shopping, Gas Prices, Nothing Happening

 This week, I spent $22 for groceries.

5 bananas

3 tomatoes

bag of salad greens bogo

3 1/2-gals milk

 ice cream bogo

dozen eggs

This will be it for April. The milk was $10 for 3 half gallons. So, on Tuesday, the last day of the ad, I will buy at least 3 more, maybe six, probably six.  Nothing was for stock up, just things we will eat the next week. 

Tommy bought a full tank of gas in Cullman for $2.38/gal. instead of paying $2.47/gal. here. He keeps an eye on gas prices.  So far, gas is cheaper there for the last two months or so. 

Last year, I found some marked down hair color in my brand. I bought several colors that were nearly the same as the shade I buy. This week, I tried one of the different colors, still dark brown, and I think I have found my new favorite color! And, I saved several dollars. 

Everyday, we hear or see the doves at Tommy's house.  They make us happy. We believe they have a nest in the tree next to the house instead of over the drain from the gutters, like last year. It would be nice to see a baby dove flying around. Have you ever seen a baby dove?  

Today, Thursday, I made a list and successfully completed all on the list. Well, one thing was not done, but it is on the list for tomorrow. I was not feeling like doing that one thing. The rest were calls I needed to make. If I don't make a list of phone calls, I forget what I need to do. I love a list. 

So, I have my Friday phone calls ready to go. Okay, now, Friday, I have made three calls. Two were successful, one, not so much. Now, I need to start on a new list. Of course, phone calls will be for Monday. But, there are things that need to be accomplished this weekend. 

We see a sign for a "Food Truck Corner" and wonder what is going on. And, I want to check out a church yard sale.  We may not eat at the food trucks and we may not even stop at the yard sale. Luckily, both are very near each other. 

We are back to hand-washing dishes! Tommy helps but at some point, he says his back hurts. I was ready to stop anyway. 

Today, as I dressed to go out for a bit, I decided to wear my floral outfit. As I got in the car and looked down, I had on the nice floral pants and a grungy, floral top that I wear when I will never leave the yard. Aaagh! Thankfully, Tommy had not even started the car. So, I changed. Is this old age? lol Yesterday, I wore panties inside out.  

For three days I have managed two minutes of my "marching exercise." And, I have new exercises. 


6 comments:

  1. We have doves that nest beneath the screened porch every year. I go down once a year to look at the babies, but really enjoy sitting outside quietly to watch when they are learning to fly and hunt for food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had doves for about ten years, maybe more, at my house. They made a nest in the grape arbor. As much as I sat outdoors, I never saw babies. Hopefully, this year, I will see them.

      Delete
  2. Had to laugh. Yesterday I wore my panties inside out too! I noticed it half way through the day and said - Oh well. lol.

    We are having weather 80 degrees the last few days. I am heading to Oregon Monday to see my mom and granddaughter - both vaccinated. And to pick up my son's ashes and belongings. So a bitter sweet trip.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      It happens once in a while, but I usually catch it before I pull them up. That was my response--oh well. If I have them on and have worn them, even a bit, I just let it go.

      The weather is in 80s here, too. But, this is the South. I am glad you are getting to see your mother and g-daughter. I am quite sure it will be emotional. Good luck on the drive up and back.

      Delete
  3. Why are you back to hand washing dishes? Since I got my dishwasher I use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ladybug,
      The dishes were not drying. Then, I discovered it was not draining! And, I have waited a week for a person to come check it. Well, I am waiting for a response and to hear when he can come.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...