Saturday, May 1, 2021

Commotion Friday

 Friday morning, I lay down for one hour, just to rest my back. Then, Friday afternoon, I was tired after only getting four hours sleep Thursday night. I lay down a little after 5 pm and told him to wake me at 7 pm. I fully expected to sleep. 

Well, less than an hour later, I heard a big noise. I ran out and he said he dropped what he was holding--a paper plate with the leavings of three oranges he had eaten. So, I still have not asked him what made the big noise.  I just went back to bed! 

About 30 minutes later, I heard lots of noises, seemingly coming from the kitchen. I went in there and he had knocked a coke off the refrigerator shelf and it rolled about and something else. He had all the little crates (3) of cheese and such on the counter and was sorting them. Well, I got the coke from the floor and whatever else fell. 

He had emptied and sorted the whole refrigerator! It looked really good! But, I never got a nap or any more rest. So, that leaves me now, at 9 pm, reeling from exhaustion. At least dinner was easy. 

I took two deli rolls and halved them. I had thawed leftover pizza sauce still in the jar, almost. I thawed meatballs in the microwave. I put pizza sauce on the rolls rather heavily, sliced the meatballs in three pieces each, put those on the pizza sauce and topped it with mozarella cheese, sliced, not grated. Then, it went under the broiler. A salad of Italian blend greens and tomatoes and Italian dressing topped off the meal. I only ate one half of my roll and ate the toppings off the other half.  Ah, easy dinner. There is enough pizza sauce for another meal. 

He was really helpful but I needed sleep! Of course, I am not irritated, just exhausted. I don't think he did it on purpose. 

About a month ago, I spotted  a new rake in a tree on city property. I doubt anyone was coming back for it. And, it certainly was not city property. So, I struggled and extracted it from the tree. I doubt I was stealing or I would have left it. 

The children across the street liked the Easter eggs in the tree in front of Tommy's house, as I have said. Now, I am planning what to hang in the tree for May. Maybe I will hang blue stars and red and white ribbons. If we put it up the middle of May for Memorial Day, it can last until the 4th of July. 

Saturday, we went for my two things on the list--look for the Food Truck Corner activity and see if the church is having a yard sale. Nothing was happening on the corner and the church was having a yard sale. I could barely walk, so stayed about three minutes. I found another large purse for my Pink Purse Project and only paid $1. 

I managed to wash a few more dishes and Tommy dried. The lamp I bought to illuminate the dining room a bit was finally plugged in. It took both of us. And, I finally found one of the hundreds of bulbs, 60 watt, that I bought before the production was banned. I am not sure why the old bulbs were on sale, but I purchased them cheaply,  Westinghouse, 130V. 

Now, I am going to take a nap before dinner.  Since I had no nap due to Tommy's commotion, I slept little again on Friday night.

6 comments:

  1. The pizza meatball rolls sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      They were absolutely delicious and so easy. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Those meatball sandwiches do sound good. I hop you were able to get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks. They were delicious. I am wanting more. We did eat just the meatballs with more meatballs with the last of the pizza sauce and mozarella. Yum--no bread. I went to bed very early that night.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, and thinking he fell plus the din kept me from needed sleep.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...