Monday, May 17, 2021

Reduced Produce, Free Wood, New Glasses

 Sunday, I went into The Pig for one thing and came out with reduced produce, both of which Tommy loves: 

4 Granny Smith apples $0.99

3 huge Bell peppers  $0.50

The apples look perfect to me. The peppers need to be used now as the ends of all three look wilty.  So, Monday night he will have a salad with Bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes. I forgot one shopping trip when I bought slaw mix for $1.99 but not reduced. 

Monday, we went to Cullman. I got my mail, picked out new frames and spent $305 for frames and lenses. I will get my free ones next week. I picked up free wood and dropped off free wood to be cut. Lowe's had a free cart, so I got to go inside and pick out paint for my wood project and choose the right size eye screws. And, one chore was a dead end. 

The friend who gave me the wood left over from his house building came to my storage unit and took the road-rescued table and put it in the storage unit. That table was in the car too long! 

I went by my lot,  and as we pulled into the driveway, I had to scream to get Tommy not to run over a piece of wood at the gutter, right in the end of the driveway. I saw nails in a piece of wood from my annoying neighbor's trash pile that had washed down to my yard. Tommy was screaming that it did not matter if he ran over nails. I do not know one man who would knowingly run over nails protruding from a board. Do you? 

When I got out, some of the nails were four inches long in one board. The other board had bolts in it that were at least the same length, four inches. Tommy sort of moaned when he saw them. That bolt would have meant a new tire. It could have been a carriage bolt. Maybe the nails would have been a catastrophe, too, if he had run over them. 

Later at the dead end chore, he managed to straddle a piece of concrete at the edge of the driveway. Then, he had to rip it off the concrete...sigh. 

Tonight, we are having cabbage, lots of it and leftover green beans, cole slaw, a bit of potatoes and  chicken. Okay, I cannot keep a plan alive for 15 minutes! There was no cabbage for dinner. I cannot find my large knife to cut it, so we had plenty of the other leftovers. 

7 comments:

  1. Nails...yikes! So glad you avoided new tires, they are expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      And, he thinks I am not so bossy when he saw the nails!

      Delete
  2. good thing you saw the board with the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry when the large knives go missing.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...