Sunday, May 16, 2021

I HAD a Problem

 HAD and I solved it with a hack.

When I started putting the boxes of plastic bags and rolls of plastic and foil wrap on top of the freezer as a storage spot, I caused myself a big problem. Yes, it was all in one place, so that was really good. Everything was all in one place, so I did not have to search the counters in the dark like before the freezer came. 

But, soon boxes were sliding off onto the floor on both sides of the freezer. Hopefully, nothing fell behind since that would be irretrievable. So, I set out to find a solution to keep things together. Finally, I knew what to do. Unfortunately, it cost a bit of money, but it was just a little bit.

When I reach up to get something down from the top of the freezer, it hurts my shoulders with torn rotator cuffs. My hand injuries sometimes make me to fumble a bit, knocking things around, causing them to fall. Of course, since the boxes had to be stacked, they were prone to falling, anyway.  So, I needed a solution. 

I decided I would get the cheapest trash cans with sides with the least slope. I found them for $4 each. They are sort of clear. But, two of these lying down fit on my freezer with room in between for the really long packages of foil and parchment paper. 

Actually, any kind of square plastic box would do. But, these trash cans were the first thing I found after a long search. 

Since the problem is solved, it hurts less to reach up because I can get a grip on the boxes that are steadied in the boxes. Plus, nothing falls off, not one avalanche! You see, the boxes cascaded down to the floor. 

This arrangement is not very good as far as decorating goes, but it saves my shoulders a bit and no avalanches are occurring daily. Wicker or canvas or wood would have been my choice!

No, I am not going to try to put it in his cabinets. No need to  suggest, mention it...lol. I no longer worry about that. I am happy with it like it is...for now.

Dinner on Saturday night was some of the chicken I baked with Bertolli Spaghetti with Mushrooms on top of the chicken and slices of Mozzarella on top, my version of Chicken Parm.  I have mozzarella but no parmesan. We had the bit of potatoes leftover from last night, green beans and leftover cole slaw. It was delicious and Tommy liked it. 

What is your best or latest storage hack? Or any hack or solution?

8 comments:

  1. It's always good to solve this kind of problem. A couple of winters ago I got sick of the dog coats that had nowhere to be while not on a dog (so, the warmer part of the day) and repurposed a milk crate to become coat storage but it soon had a whole range of things dumped in it. I'm terrible like that, drifts of belongings in every corner because I don't know what else to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      It was a good solution for you. Here, I have "drifts" of items, too. In my house, things were more organized. Oh well, if you know where they drifted, it's okay!

      Delete
  2. IF something is drifting in this house, I blame Hubby and he blames me... seems fair LOL. I love the trash can solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your solution sounds great. Organization starts off good at my house, but seems gets unorganized very quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      This has been good for about three weeks, so I expect this one organization hack will stay good. But, I do know what you mean.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...