Thursday, June 3, 2021

Watermelon with Mustard on It

 The ribs were better on Wednesday than on Memorial Day. The sauce sort of slid off. But, on Wednesday I used a different sauce that stuck, soaked in for better taste when I recooked the ribs. So, they are gone. I had corn on the cob and Tommy had coc and peas. I got those ribs all over me! 

Somehow, somewhere, I got the idea we were having a streak of 90F+ days. It has been anything but. I must have remembered that from last week. It is in 70s and 80s and mostly damp. The temps are okay but I can do without the rain. Yes, I know we need it. 

Thursday night, we are having a salad with tomatoes, carrots, Romaine, celery, and other things in it. I will cook turkey tenders to go on the salad or just to eat with the salad. 

UPDATE: I put the very thin pieces of tender is a skillet on the stove. A few minutes later I came back and there were no tenders! I stirred and stirred and poked and found nothing but liquid. What on earth could have happened to the turkey??? I opened a large can, 10 ounces of turkey breast and put that in each salad. There are 9 g of protein in the can, so we each had 4.5 g protein, plus I had protein from the cheese. Good enough. But, can you imagine what happened to the turkey tenders? I baked half of them last week, froze these. 

Did you see Hoda and Jenna trying watermelon with mustard on it on the Today Third Hour? They both said it was delicious and kept eating it. We are going to try that. The experiment won't waste much if we hate it. The watermelon chunks did not look good, so we skipped that for today. Tomorrow, I will go early when the choices of watermelon are better.

So, are you going to try watermelon with mustard on it? 

14 comments:

  1. I don't watch TV in the daytime so I missed seeing it. Nope I am not trying mustard on watermelon. I might be losing out on all kinds of deliciousness, or it might be foul, but I will never personally know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I never did watch tv in the daytime until I came here. It is only one bite, so I will. I can spit it out if it tastes awful. At least it won't ruin more than one bite!

      Delete
  2. I read that this is a new trend. I love both watermelon & mustard,but can't imagine eating it together. Please let us know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      I hope to try it today. I will post about the taste.

      Delete
  3. I don't even want to think about watermelon with mustard and won't be trying it unless you report that it is truly scrumptious! (I can't imagine that you will.)

    Actually, watermelon with mustard sounds like one of those non-existent dishes my dad was always trying to get me to eat: cantaloupe with chili, or fried liver and whipped cream. I would not have believed watermelon with mustard either if you had not seen Hoda and Jenna do it with your own eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      I am skeptical it is really okay, but willing to try it.

      Delete
  4. Yuck is all I can say and besides I am allergic to mustard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Believe me, "yuck" was our reaction when we heard about this combo. I did not eat mustard for years, but can tolerate a bit now...allergies.

      Delete
  5. I probably won't try the mustard and watermelon. Some people like salt on theirs, but I don't do that either. I wonder where those tenders went to, how odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Since there is nothing to be lost, we will taste it. It is a mystery to me. I am cooking another package tonight. I hope it does not disappear.

      Delete
  6. Reading backwards- nowbI know where the idea of watermelon and mustard came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you did not see it on tv or read it on the internet.

      Delete
  7. Patience above! Mustard - in any form - does not go with watermelon.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...