Friday, June 4, 2021

This and That

 We went out for one thing today and forgot the watermelon to eat with mustard. But, there is a list for tomorrow and the watermelon is on the list. 

About ten days ago, I talked with two friends. These were the conversations that leave a person happy and filled with a satisfaction. You know the kinds of conversations I mean. 

Dinner Friday night was turkey breast slices, carrots, and potatoes, all baked in the oven. 

I received a pair of pants and two blouses I ordered from Amazon and nothing fit. Bummer. 

The neighbor that mowed Tommy's yard had to have someone mow his yard and had the service mow Tommy's, too. I think another neighbor is sick. Remember, one died. 

Instead of using storage bags, I mostly use sandwich bags for short-term storage. Tonight, I put two pieces of chicken in a sandwich bag instead of a storage bag. We will eat the chicken tomorrow. Sandwich bags are cheaper. 

Once a month, whether I need it or not, I buy a package of Northern in the purple pack, any size. 

Tommy lets oranges waste because he does not eat them regularly and just lets them sit. But, when he does eat and orange, he eats three. I don't understand. I rarely eat an orange, actually never because I cannot eat much fiber per doctor's orders. 

Tomorrow, I hope to get my car jumped off. The battery has been dead for about two months. I doubt I can help Tommy with the battery. I can sit in the car and start it...lol. We need someone to help us. 

Thankfully, we are eating down the food in the refrigerator. Tommy had two gallons of milk and I have five half-gallons. I cannot search, so he has to. Now, I can find things on my own. 

I had the nose-pieces changed in my new glasses from the ones that came on the glasses to new silicone ones. The tech said the ones that came on the glasses were plastic. The plastic ones make my skin, hurt, burn, sweat, and turn red! So, now I get to wear my new glasses again. 

Do the little nose pads on your glasses bother your nose/skin? 

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to back track on blog posts as I reread- mustard for watermelon and am baffled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Tommy's body knows he needs vitamin C when he chows down on the oranges? I know I'm surprised my first son didn't look like a mango given the number I ate, but then again I was pregnant. Doubt that's Tommy's problem though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I wondered if he was craving/needing Vit C when he goes for three at once. He finally ate an apple today and there are still oranges and grapes, so it was not that an apple is the last fruit...lol.

      Delete
  3. I memorized the eye chart so I do not need to wear glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I am sure that improved your vision. Yeah okay.

      Delete
  4. Yes, they do bother my nose! I always get a small pimple where the piece sits by the end of the day. That's why I don't wear them often. I only need distance correction in one eye, so I usually wear just one contact. If I need to read something, I wear readers from the dollar store. That way, they're not sitting on nose for long.

    I've seen many people now doing the watermelon with mustard taste test. It sounds gross, but I guess it could be an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I need mine only for close up, but that includes all I do, not just reading. I was getting a huge sore on both sides, a sore thaat would have been an open wound. It has happened before.

      If it is gross, I am not going to try to acquire a taste for it...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...