Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Haircut, Lamp, Blanket

 It's a good thing I got my mail from the PO box on Tuesday. It was stuffed full! While I was at the PO, I bought stamps because the rates are going up in August. Tommy keeps getting a stamp from me, which is fine by me. But, I decided to get stamps with his cc for him while I bought two books of flowers for me. His stamps are Star Wars robots. I was torn between the flags or Star Wars. He laughed a bit as he thoroughly examined the robots. He said starts or Star Wars did not make a difference. I had been using Christmas stamps, so now I can save them for Christmas. 

We drove 182 miles. I needed an ultrasound, so went to a place that is friendliest and most caring place I have ever had an MRI. The ultrasound tech did not disappoint. Since this facility always gives a $10 gas card, the cost is somewhat mitigated. This is the place that has snacks and cold Cokes for customers. 

While I was going so far, I was going to take an antique lamp to be rewired. BUT, I forgot to put it in the car. I will take two or three lamps next time and maybe make the trip to pick them up. The guy rewires while people shop or take care of other business, so not sure how this will all play out. I love a good lamp shop. Looking at lamps makes me heady. I do not need a meal or a drink, just lamps. 

My lot is still there...lol...and in same condition. I feel well when there, relaxed. 

My friend building a home cut me four squares of plywood to use in the salvaged chairs I found for Tommy. So, that is one cost I (he) won't have to put into free chairs from a junk heap. He may have to pay to have them cut to size. 

The best thing that happened was that I thought to remember to find a telephone number for a hair stylist. He worked with my favorite stylist who quit cutting hair after a thumb joint replacement. I had gone to her for at least 25 years. As she quit, I ended up here, and then Covid hit. So, I really need to find him, someone I trust.

The mail brought me a wool blanket I ordered from ebay. It is vintage. Hopefully, it is 100 percent wool. Tommy thinks it feels rough. I think it feels cuddly.  

I came home exhausted with swollen feet that hurt. So, I did my marching exercise for one minute only because the bottom of my foot hurt. After I put shoes on, I "marched" another five minutes. Eventually, the swelling lessened enough I could walk without pain. 

Hope of a good haircut, a working lamp, and a cuddly blanket--what more could a girl want?!

Last night, I slept well and long. For that I am grateful! 

Will you buy Forever stamps before the price goes up AGAIN?

12 comments:

  1. I love it when I sleep well. Sets the tone of the day as good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Sleep is a gift. I did not get the gift last night!

      Delete
  2. Crikey, that was one helluva day you had yourself there, wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very long day, and yes I will buy some forever stamps, thank for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Yes, it was tiring. I bought my stamps early so there would still be a good choice.

      Delete
  4. As the cost of stamps increases and increases, I pay more and more of my bills online. I now write only two checks a month.

    You ought to read the very funny short story “Why I Live At The Post Office” br Mississippi’s own Eudora Welty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These stamps of mine are not for paying bills. It is for cards and letters. Tommy pays one or two bills by mail. I even sent money to grandchildren by Amazon.

      I posted that story here on my blog. I have read PO story many times every year.

      Delete
  5. I cannot remember the last time I bought stamps; I think the ones in the stamp container are years old.
    I recently found my late Mother's stamp box. You put the spool in and stick the end through a crack on the side of the cylinder. Do they still make stamps in rolls I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, they do. But, you need to get a bank loan to get a roll.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...