Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday Trauma

 Saturday took a lot of out of me. Sunday compounded the emotional injury. I felt beat up. If I feel better on Monday, I will post about it. 

Sunday night, we had salmon croquettes. There was only one because I used a short can and then it was full of skin and fat which I discarded. But, the salmon with egg in it made two good-sized croquettes. He had peas and I had green beans, the rest of the can from Saturday. Then, afterwards a salad and a peach dump cake with half the sugar and 2% milk. 

My freezer door won't stay shut at the top. It is getting all frosty and runs all the time. I had to use packing tape to keep the top part closed. It is really weird. Since it is past the warranty, I am not sure what will happen. The freezer door appears to be bent open. Weird. Have you ever had this happen to a new freezer? Or, an old one? 

We are forecast another week without rain, so I am happy for that. 

10 comments:

  1. That's weird about the freezer not staying shut. We have had our freezer for years and have had no problems. Maybe it needs a new seal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      It is the first refrigerator or freezer that had a gap. Just the top is open like it is warped.

      Delete
  2. this is what Hubby and son 2 put on ours
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-1-2-in-Galvanized-Adjustable-Staple-Safety-Hasp-15285/202034072

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't want it gapping open, but I don't want to have to lock it to keep it shut. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Ouch to the trauma; may this sore to a wound go away quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a small, chest freezer purchased a few months ago. I cannot remember exactly when. I notice the top when closed is not tightly sealed and if anything protrudes slightly it doesn't close properly. It works fine as long as I keep foods below a certain unmarked line. They make junk these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      That is a shame. I checked and there is nothing touching the door, but I determined I am going to recheck that tomorrow. In the meantime, I have it as tight as I can with packing tape. The door should be sturdier than that as should your freezer door. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Is it possible that a piece of that rubber-like gasket around the door has pulled away from where it should be? Maybe it would be possible to work or push the gasket into place again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Nope. Not the problem. There is nothing to push back.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...