Sunday, December 12, 2021

Tommy's Day, Death, Stupid Mum!

 Well, Tommy's birthday is over. He liked the chicken and the zucchini. There were other vegetables I could give him, but he just wanted zucchini and lots of it. 

In the end, I put a small jar of apricot jam, 10 ounces of Italian Zesty Dressing, and a package of Onion Soup mix, cooked together on the stove and poured over the chicken tenders. I should have cooked them at the last uncovered, but they were fine covered and baked in the oven for an hour. I still have half of what I mixed up, so I can do this another day. There are two tenders left for lunch tomorrow. 

The brownies were a hit even though I obviously did not leave them in long enough. So, I scraped his liquid brownie into another pan and baked them again. Same with my portion that had not been removed from the pan. The last time I thought I had forgotten how to bake, the thermostat was broken. This oven bakes 50 degrees hotter. However, it could be fluctuating. 

He never wants anything--pie or brownies or cake--defiled with ice cream. I knew that but thought he might relent since it was his birthday. No go.  He also likes his ice cream plain.

The temperature is rising and will be up to 65F by 6 am. We will pay for this weather with a chance of tornadoes on Saturday. 

I saw in the obituary of another person that a friend died this summer. The obituary said she had predeceased the person who had died (did not know her.) I was beyond shocked! We were not close and never could be. Her daughter committed suicide at fifteen about 15 years ago. Five years ago, her husband committed suicide almost on the same day her daughter died. 

Funny story--She believed very much in the Rapture, which I do not. When her husband died, so did her mechanic. (Her joke, not mine.) So, she had to buy a car and bought a new one. When I saw it, I told her at the Rapture, I wanted her car. She became angry and defensive, yelled at me and told me her sister would get it. I laughed and asked her if her sister was going to still be here. She realized what she had said and would not laugh, just was embarrassed. 

For fifteen years, she served as a voluntary phone counselor for people who were considering suicide or who had a loved one commit suicide. My friend had to take sedatives to sleep, something to wake her enough to function, something for depression. I think her continual immersion in suicide could not allow her to heal. I mentioned this to her only once, and she said she had not thought about it that way. I have no idea if she continued with the counseling others because she sort of disappeared, moved away, I think. 

Even though she had diabetes and had to have half of several hammer toes removed, I wonder how she died. Covid? So, now I have to find one of her relatives listed in her relative's obit and see if I can find out what happened. I wonder if the two deaths by suicide by her family, and all the drugs she contributed to her death. ???

There were a group of women bullying me and I had no idea why. When I told her, she knew why and had moved to stop them. One woman had told people I had chased her and tried to hit her. My friend told the other women that she had seen me walk and there was no way I could chase anyone. Plus, she told them I was not like that. So, some of the women came separately and apologized when they saw me. 

I have a stack of obituaries that need a bit of investigation. 

On Tommy's birthday, I did not ask him to do anything to help out. Of course, I didn't do it either. We went to get his oil changed and mail a letter for me. He seemed to be out of sorts at time, but I said, "Okay, let's have an argument, okay?" and he stopped picking a fight. 

I give up on the mum I was going to spray. I refuse to throw good money after bad. I might give it a spritz of the clear glitter spray to see how it works, but I refuse to spray it all over first time. If it looks okay, I might throw a string of fairy lights from last year. It has a remote, so it will be easy to light. 

So, Tommy had a very good day, it seemed. Tomorrow, we will plant our Amaryllis (pink one and red one) for the house since they should have been planted two weeks ago. Maybe Saturday, we will put up the tree. 

Did you have a very good day, too?

Well, I had this post ready and the computer quit. The cord from here to wall died. The last time this happened, I got a warning. On Friday, the laptop just quit. Saturday weather was not conducive to driving to Hoover to get a new one, Or, to Big Box. So, on Sunday we left about 1 pm to search. I found one at Office Max and paid too much. But, laptop now works! 

AND, I am tired. Tommy actually fluffed the tiny tree and did it right. THEN, he said don't you want me to put the ornaments on the tree. He likes it, obviously. Nothing for Christmas was done today. So, I think I will go with red and green. I am going to cook pasta for spaghetti and have salad or just steamed broccoli--red and green. I might get out the ornaments. 

Did you get any tornadoes or bad weather on Sunday or anytime on the weekend


18 comments:

  1. Good to see your post. I sent an email and glad to know it was computer issues. You gave Tommy a nice day. No tornado here, but lots of snow. I'm so sorry for all in the path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I replied to this. But, where did it go? Yes, could not get to email, either.

      Delete
  2. Nothing exciting her, been worried about you and Tommy, Thought someone got sick. I am glad it was only the computer. What happended with these ladies, was it out in public? I always try to keep myself to myself unless someone is in danger. You never know what strangers are capable off. I walk thru the world softly but I carry a big stick, I will not stand back and let weaker people be hurt. I am old but I am strong in body and soul. God put us here to take care each other, human and animal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I was pulling up to a church and about a dozen women started yelling at me, saying I could not park there. Well, I could barely walk that day, so I ignored them. That infuriated them, and they even shoved me. I was astounded. One keyed my car. I expect I know who. They would not let me sit certain places. It was awful! Then, my friend who died in June had a talk with some of them, and that was when they apologized. They threatened a young woman with autism I had befriended and were going to hit her. I just "knew" these women tangentially. They were a bunch of low-class women who did not work and just made trouble. Well, some of them worked.

      Delete
  3. You should report them to the church they should not be allowed to attack others that come to the church for help. I think the church should post someone outside to prevent these thing. I am concerned that you were so frightened that you thought your friend who passed was there. No one should ever threaten your safety if need be call 911

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I was worried about the woman I drove around who had autism more than myself. And, all but one man believed the women.

      Delete
  4. Merciful heavens! My mild dyslexia read this as Tommy's Death Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      LOLs...I read things wrong, usually because my eyes are dry.

      Delete
  5. I’m sorry your friend passed away. I wonder about COVID when I read of a friend’s obituary too, especially when they are young. The chicken for Tommy’s birthday sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks. I know, every death now makes me wonder. It was delicious. Thank 1st Man for that idea.

      Delete
  6. I am sorry about your friend. I also despise women who get together and pick on people. I mean really jr high?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thanks. These women are just plain mean. They are so full of the Holy Spirit and will testify for you to hear.

      Delete
  7. My dad liked to get everyone in the family amaryllis bulbs and we all had to plant them at the same time. Then we measured and saw who's came up first and who's was biggest. I loved the flowers. My dad was big on contests. lol. My grandma always had paperwhites around the same time. She wouldn't do the amaryllis. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is nice he liked contests and this certainly would be a good one. Oh, I did not mention that I have paperwhites, too, my first ever.

      Delete
  8. Not crazy about the paperwhites cuz I find them a bit stinky. But I adore amaryllis and wish I could have them. Sadly, my daughter's cat is a nibbler and would kill herself with her curiosity. It seems like every nice house plant is poisonous to cats and dogs! I am left with spider plants and sedum, which is super boring. Woe is me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Oh no! I won't like that! Yes, the Amaryllis would kill the cat.LOL...I don't think either are boring, but I did not think of sedum as an indoor plant. LOL, Woe is you!

      Delete
  9. PS Forgot to add that Tommy's birthday dinner sounds absolutely delicious! You are very good to that man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I wish he thought I was good to him all the time! He does like to eat.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...