Sunday, January 30, 2022

Housework, Cooking Ahead, Ukraine, Movie

 Saturday night, I made a pasta salad like Jewell Tea salad I ate long ago. He refused to eat the one with tuna, so I made one with canned chicken. I added halved grape tomatoes. He said it was good and ate some of it along with Romaine. 

I don't know why, but I felt awful all day Saturday. I still hurt just below breastbone. I did not stick my nose out the door all day...too cold and nowhere I needed to go, anyway. I did not sleep until 6 am Saturday morning and awoke at 1 pm. Even with a good amount of sleep, I still felt lacking. 

Still, not much decluttering has been done. But, I got more done than I thought I would. So, I suppose that is something. Soon, we will be able to see the whole floor! 

We unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. ugh! We both hang onto the counter to work. Tommy is washing a pot and skillet before we run the dishwasher. I am back to planning.

Last night, we both stayed up until 5 am to watch a movie that I highly recommend--North Star. It is timely.  The Germans are invading the Ukraine. Tommy said he wanted to only see what it was like, a warning to me that we were not going to watch the whole thing. It was so spellbinding that he actually wanted to stay up to see it. This movie was criticized during a period of anti-Russia sentiment. You can read about it by looking for North Star 1943. From analyzing the film as I watched it, I think the reaction was over-reaction. However, I have never lost anti-Russian sentiments! 

Have you ever seen this movie? I don't think it is a coincidence that a movie about the invasion of Ukraine is showing now. I highly recommend it for the human experiences. Maybe you can stream it. It was remade, removing many scenes, but I would not recommend those.

Then, it was after 7 pm before I could sleep! I do feel better than yesterday, even without much sleep. My feet were cold from the breeze under the covers! I cannot sleep with air on my feet! 

When Tommy gets the skillet washed, I am going to cook my pork chop and have slaw. It is 2:30 and I have not eaten yet. I have to let this pill work for an hour. 

My food goals are to get the three pounds of hamburger made into three meals this afternoon. I think a hamburger tonight, and stuffed peppers for freezing and tomorrow, and maybe a meatloaf for freezing will be good. Well, those are my goals. Of course, moving along the decluttering at a snail's pace will continue during what is left of the day. 

A few months ago, I cooked and froze a small meatloaf in a tiny pan, just two modest portions. One night it saved us from peanut butter sandwiches or going out to buy fast food. Fresh vegetables and a can of vegetables made the meal a feast. 

It is 59F and a really pretty day. We will take a ride to the park and sit for a bit. I need it since I did not get out yesterday and there is not a window where I can see out! Tommy will put a load of darks in the washing machine and it will be ready when we get back. We have such exciting plans! 

Are you snowed in? What's for dinner?

6 comments:

  1. 59º sounds lovely. We've been having really cold all week. It made it to the upper teens today, but that's still COLD to me.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J,
      The temp finally went up to 61F. This is really nice. It was cold for two days and finally broke. Upper teens is definitely cold, unless, I suppose, you live in Alaska.

      Delete
  2. It's stinking hot and humid here. I think lebanese rice is on the meal plan, which is good because it's reasonably quick to make so less standing by a hot stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I am looking forward to hot, but not humid! I have never had Lebanese rice, but happy eating to you. Standing over a hot stove is never fun.

      Delete
  3. I cannot figure out why Russia is hassling the Ukraine. They tried world dominance before, and went broke doing it. What makes Pootey (Putin) think this is a good move? Power-hungry men are the despair of this world...

    I had no idea what to cook last night (and didn't want to eat, anyway). DH got the bright idea to grab sandwiches from the local deli for himself and DS. I snacked on cut up veggies and my cold-brewed herbal tea. Sometimes I just am not inspired to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Putin has to make a bigger name for himself. Russia can defeat us without firing a shot next time. Khrushchev, I think, made that point.

      There are times I am not inspired to cook, too. I don't know what hits me.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...