Saturday, January 1, 2022

Midnight Kiss

 It has been over two weeks since the dishwasher has been loaded and run. However, Tommy keeps washing just enough dishes. He just wanders off and stays gone in the kitchen. When I stagger in, the kitchen looks pretty good. It is not perfect, but he keeps enough dishes washed so I can cook.

All decorations are still up, although I did bring the wreath in. It lies here, ready to be put away.  Tommy washed three loads of laundry and offered to do more. He washed his fuzzy blanket I gave him years ago and four of the throws. I had to hang all four of the small throws, and he dried his in the dryer. The dryer has only one setting--hot--so I never put anything in it except kitchen linen and bedclothes. I don't feel like hanging things, especially since the last are not dry. 

The temp reached 80F today, so this gives us the opportunity for bad weather. 

Since we received the filters from Amazon and Tommy replaced the old one, the furnace no longer roars and strains. It is a smooth-running machine now. 

New Year's Eve, we wanted to watch one of the musical specials. But, that was not to be. So, I think we watched Gunsmoke. The fireworks were far away, so we saw nothing. There no special snacky things here. But, all in all, since I felt so horrible, it was a pleasant evening. 

After I "jumped" off the stool, Tommy was coming into the living room past me. I turned and started to kiss him. He lowered his head like I intended to kiss him on his head. I said, "We have lips." We then shared a peckity kiss. 

6 comments:

  1. We broke the record for high temperature In Chattanooga of 74 degrees. You all were hotter than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      That was really hot for us. Your temp was warmer than usual!

      Delete
  2. Couldn't wait to get to the end of the post when I saw the title. Happy new year to you and Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      It was not a big kiss as our lips barely touched, and I staggered off. Our lips barely brushed! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  3. How sweet for that sort of a kiss!
    Good for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urspo,
    I could not have handled much lip pressure as I would have just fallen over.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...