Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Coffeemaker Thrown

 Last Fall, Tommy bought a box for charging a car in order to start mine last Fall and in the future. Well, it did not work. We had a neighbor  remove the battery, took it in for testing, got a new one, brought it back and the neighbor put it in the car. 

I wanted to return the charger box, but Tommy said we might need it later. Okay, it did not work and might not ever work. But, he was adamant! By the way, this thing felt like it weighed ten pounds, Okay, probably it was five, but hurt my hands and shoulders to pick up, even with both hands.

Our new friend, L, had a tiny plastic box that did not weigh a pound that she used to start her car, only it had broken. It would still start her car if she held it together hard enough! I told her to call if she could not get it to work because I wanted to see if our box worked. 

One day, as we entered the neighborhood, we saw the hood up on her car, so we went there and tried out our charger box. No, it would not start her car. She got out her little box and held it together hard and stepped away and started her car. 

We took the ~$100 box to Auto Zone. They said they did not have a policy of coming out to the car. Every time I have gone there, someone came to the car to get a battery. But, now it is not the policy. He also said the only way he could help was with a receipt.

So, we stopped in Cullman and they guy was baffled by this lack of "policy." He said the only way I could return it was to get store credit put on a gift card. Okay with me. He said the store in Hueytown could have given me store credit. 

L gave me the box from her box and I will get one next time we are in Cullman. We/he cannot afford to lose $92.  I hope they carry the same item. 

His new Black and Decker Coffemaker came today. He got it set up in the kitchen. I asked if he had washed the carafe. He very loudly told me there was no need to wash the carafe, it was his and I was not to tell him what to do. He is such a child somedays. We stopped to talk to L. I mentioned he had a new coffeemaker, "but he refuses to wash it before using it." She made a face and said he should. He is now running vinegar and water through it, so maybe he will wash the carafe, too. 

Oh, yeah, the coffeemaker was thrown onto the porch since walking up a ramp is too much trouble for the Amazon delivery person. And, it was in front of the door instead of to the side. I wonder still if the ramp does not tell the delivery person that someone who lives here might have a mobility problem. 


16 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly about the Amazon driver not realizing someone has a mobility issue. Some of them do, but not all of them. The ones who don’t seem clueless to me. Our driveway is about 1/4 of a mile long and we’ve had some of them dump a package half way up the drive and not even bring it to the house. It’s so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      They act clueless but I think they don't give a flip. I call and complain! Lazy!

      Delete
  2. I have a heavy portable battery charge and it has saved my butt many times and my neighbors! I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,
    What brand? Model number? We were going to get one like hers, the tiny light one, but I could change my mind. I never knew anything like this existed. We got jumper cables, too. But, you need a car with a charge for those to work. These things are miracle workers. I never heard of them until she told us about hers and we saw it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have one, just not sure of where is it. I always have kept jumper cables in the car. I have used them more to help a stranded stranger than with my own car. When my husband passed most of his tools, power saws, pressure washer, were put in the attic. I hung onto them for my son. I did keep drills, all the yard equipment, air compressor and hand tools in the garage. I know how to use those.

    I know, it hard to believe that people don't care to do a good job or be considerate of others. I feel lucky I have never had that problem, packages are always on the porch. Most drivers will try and set them where they are not easily seen from the street. If they don't ring the bell, I don't have to worry, the dogs tell me they have been here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      Half the time, we cannot reach the packages even if they are one the porch since there are pots between the package and the door. There is a clear place by the door, left clear for packages. We need a dog...lol...not!

      Delete
  5. WOw, our Amazon driver comes clear down our long private drive to deliver,I am sorry tours was such a bozo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      We have a different driver every time it seems. Jerks!

      Delete
  6. There is a battery charger called Halo that comes from QVC. It also charges cell phones, tablets, and has a light. It's very light weight and easy to use. Im not sure of the current price but a lot of things on QVC can be bought on easy pay. We have had 2 of these, one for us and the other for daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have jumper cables in all our vehicles, with a laminated instruction card (because I can never remember the sequence of attachment, and I'm sure my kids can't, either). We also have a battery charger in our garage. But I would also like one of those portable car battery chargers so that I don't have to rely on a stranger's car to jump my own. I need to investigate them further.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Amazon is really good about bringing packages to the side or front porch, right in front of the door. Other carriers seem to think that dumping packages in the middle of the driveway or in front of the garage doors is good enough. I am always careful to compliment the Amazon drivers when I am sent an email asking how the delivery went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      In FRONT of the door traps me inside. Sometimes, I cannot open the door because the box is so heavy. There is a message to leave the package BESIDE the door. I suppose throwing works, too. I can hear them walk up the ramp, so I don't have to see them. Plus, hearing the package thrown is really obvious.

      Delete
  9. I have never had any issues with Amazon drivers leaving packages on the front porch. Occasionally we have ordered an over large item and it is occasionally tricky to get it in but our front door opens inward, so I am never trapped inside.
    I only have jumper cables in my car. Before I was allowed to get my driver's license my dad made me learn to jump off a car. as well as change air filters, and tires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can walk to get a package on the porch. We both have problems navigating pots of plants and such. They probably use this area for training!

      There were jumper cables in my car trunk. But, the car was dead and the trunk lock could not be popped. This car does not have lock where I can use a key.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...