Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Slim Chickens

 We saw a new chicken restaurant soon to be opened--Slim Chickens. It is right in a stretch several blocks that has KFC, Chic fil A, and Chicken Salad Chick.  Of course, places like DQ are also in the area. We will try Slim Chickens after we try Chicken Salad Chick. "Slim Chickens" is a play on Slim Pickens an actor and rodeo performer. 

My heart hurt when I saw that Five Guys has closed their doors. I love that place even though I rarely ate there. When we ate there, the only time Tommy has been there, the total was around $25. He was shocked. Well, I am not eager to spend that much money on burger, fries, and Coke. Plus, and, more importantly, it is a horrible meal in terms of health. But, I grieve for having lost a chance to eat there in Cullman. 

Watching the news from Ukraine upsets me greatly! I cry about this, some days more than others. It is just too much. 

Speaking of Ukraine, I found out several years ago that part of my family is from Ukraine.  

Monday, when I purchased bananas, I decided to pick up a few more cans of the No Salt Hunt's Tomato Sauce, since I had only bought diced tomatoes. All the cans I have gotten so far, have a date in 2023. 

My right hand finally is fully free of pain when I use it. For several weeks, any slight movement caused great pain. Typing does not seem to really bother me, but I don't pound keys of hit the end of fingers on keys or arch my hand and fingers. However, there is a small knot, a round thing, on the back of my hand. It does not hurt nor does it move. I wonder what it is. 

Today starts a stretch of five days without rain and tomorrow the temperature will be in the 70s for at least six days. I love it. I need to force myself outdoors to sow seeds in some of my planters and plant bulbs. It is so warm now that I don't think I need to sow the flower seeds indoors.

I slept a whole 3 hours last night. If I get a few things done early, I can nap without feeling I am lazy. It is almost 8 am.

Do you watch the develops in Ukraine? Have Hunt's tomato products been on sale in your area?

12 comments:

  1. I don’t think I would have guessed that Slim Chickens was a play on Slim Pickens, even tho I know who he is. I kept thinking “Diet chicken?? That’s weird!” Hah! Dopey me!
    Sorry to hear about 5 Guys. You’re right; not health food and super expensive. But their cheeseburgers are a messy delight and I love their fries. Once or twice a year won’t kill anyone.

    So nice that your hand is improving! That bump on the back of your hand is probably a ganglion cyst. They are usually painless & benign. Mine was on the underside of a finger & had to be removed because it hurt.

    I am not watching any news right now. Putin is an evil, evil madman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I immediately thought of Slim Pickens, though I wondered what was the deal. Then, I wondered if it were diet chicken. It was weird.
      I ate there as a secret shopper, so did it once a month. Then, I paid for it about once a year.

      If it is a ganglion cyst, it is really small. I hope it stays small and painless.

      Oh, I cannot look away. I love Zelensky as a head of government. He is so superior to Putin, but I fear he and his wife will be killed.

      Delete
    2. I had one of those ganglion cysts on my wrist once. Very small and hard

      Delete
    3. I knew there was a technical term for these bumps, but they're also known as Bible Bumps.

      Delete
    4. Alice,
      I never heard that term. I suppose they hit it with a Bible.

      Delete
  2. We've had 2 days of rain. I've only eaten at Five Guys once, when we went to Texas. I'm glad to hear your hand isn't hurting. My elbow seems to mostly be ok now, just a twinge of pain every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Ugh, rain. Thanks, the pain was excruciating. I had wondered about your elbow. So far, no twinges, just intermittent ache.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like carpel tunnel which is very painful. I hate it when mine flares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I do have carpal tunnel syndrome, but the awful pain I was experiencing is on the back of my hand as is the hard knot. I have no idea is the pain on the back of my hand is carpal tunnel syndrome or not.

      Delete
  4. Chicken Salad Chick food tastes very good, but it is not inexpensive. You will probably find it a bit pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My right hand finally is fully free of pain when I use it"
    That is good :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...