Monday, December 19, 2022

Cleaner's Background

 Today was busy. We both had an appointment with the podiatrist. She hurt me. The first and last time, she did not. Boy, was it cold (38) today with a bit of wind that made it seem colder. We grabbed a hamburger and then went shopping for fruits and vegetables. I forgot to get bread, but we may have two more slices and we can get bread ends from the freezer. 

Tommy ordered a meal with fries! I was on the phone and did not realize what he ordered!  I always tell him "no" that we don't need it. He was sneaky today, plus I told him to get whatever. He knows what I like and don't like, so I did not need to tell him. However, he knew I did not mean fries. Well, we both tossed most of the fries. 

When I got up this morning, I washed my hair. It was mostly dry by the time I got to my appointment. Wet hair made me feel a bit chillier, too. No, wet hair/head will not make me sick. 

Back at home, we barely got anymore decluttering done. I did wrap Lynda's gift. Now, I have two things to wrap for Tommy. I know I have ribbon but must find it. 

It is 9:30 pm, and we will do more tonight. He just does not know it yet. I have some party dishes to wash. Plus, I need to empty the dishwasher, handwash party dishes, other little chores I do not want to leave until Wednesday.  

The young woman who cleaned has a Russian name, so I asked her about the origin, how she came by her name. It turned out she was adopted from Russia when she was five, she and her half-brother. We talked about her experiences in Russia, in US, and about her take on her adoption, and the Russian orphanage. She was forthcoming with information and cheerfully answered my questions. No, I did not pry; she had a lot to say without any questions. 

It is 9:30 now. We will move more boxes from the living room. 

Dinner: I cooked in a cooking bag the beef that is thinly sliced for sandwiches, carrots, broccoli, and celery from a snack box that had a dip. We tossed the dip. Plus, we had a frozen, deli-type mac n cheese. It was a delicious and free dinner. Plus, there are leftovers for tomorrow.

Are you getting frigid weather this weekend? Have you finished shopping? Wrapping? Is anyone making a handmade gift? Toys for children? In the past, I baked, crocheted, did needlepoint, and sewed for my siblings, mother, children, niece. 

9 comments:

  1. Busy day. Yes, we will be getting nasty weather this weekend. Temps to get into the negatives over the nights and winds and snow.
    I am done and most is wrapped. Have plans for Christmas, but those may be altered, depending on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl.
      I wonder how many people will have to alter their plans for Christmas because of the weather. It sounds like you are ready for Christmas at any rate.

      Delete
  2. I think the whole nation is going to get nasty weather this weekend. We're going to be in the negative on Friday, thus cancelling family gathering. I'm done shopping, but need to wrap. I guess I can take my time...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      I suppose if the gathering is cancelled, you can absolutely take your time! We are forecast incredible cold but no bad weather. It's too bad about your cancellation, though.

      Delete
  3. December has flown by, and thankfully I am almost ready for Christmas ... just a few more presents to wrap.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Yes, December has flown by for me, too. We are having severe weather and rare cold here. It is scary for those who are poor. I feel so sorry for those people.

      Delete
  4. I need a cleaner! I just can not do the heavy cleaning that I once was able to do. While I was up in Orange county I went to several Thrift stores and found some great dishes and cookware to list on eBay. So far I have logged them all into my accounting software, removed the tags and washed them all. Now I am surrounded by stacks of unlisted merchandise. No wonder I don't want to entertain this holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      The heavy stuff is beyond what my back can do! So, I need someone, too. I think if we ever get the place cleaned and decluttered, we can handle all but the vacuum...time for a Roomba...lol.

      Delete
    2. That must be fun, shopping for dishes and selling them. I need to get on ebay and sell.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...