Friday, December 30, 2022

Cleaning Out My Purse

My small purse is about 9"x5" and is worn crossbody. It is a front sewn to a back, no sides. So, it is small. I stuff it full. The purpose is so I won't have to try to hold a purse and still have cc, dl, and other pertinent necessities--one tube of lipstick, an emery board, cuticle nippers, insurance cards. Other stuff just gathers. So, tonight I decided it needed cleaning out just to find one 50 cent coupon. 

Well, the effort was more profitable than fifty cents. I found two 75 cent coupons for Jimmy Dean sausage that I just bought today. I did find the 50 cent coupon for Daisy Cottage Cheese that I was looking for and that I bought today. I have the stemless wine glasses that I bought and hate. Plus, I found the coupon for a spice rack that is worthless and a cosmetic case that is not working out. I found a coupon or signing up at Club Publix that will me $5 off my next $20 purchase. 

Cleaning out my purse before the end of the year is going to net me about $50. Some of the coupons expired Dec 31, 2022. Whew, by the skin of my teeth. 

I had gone to Publix today to redeem 3 coupons for 3 free bread products, $11.49 value. Now, I need to find room in the freezer. I bought one loaf of bread and two packages of hamburger buns. 

Four books of stamps surfaced, too. And, I found the number of the woman who cleaned and said she is coming on Sunday. I just need to check, and the number had aged out on my call list or something.

This was a profitable couple of hours of digging in my purse. Plus, my purse is skinnier and lighter. I found a dime and penny. I already knew the $5 bill was wandering around amongst the coupons and receipts. 

Now, I need to clean out my pink purse, the larger of the two. I doubt I will have the same luck with coupons, but it needs to be done.

My a2milk is on sale, but the sale price has gone up. Previously, I paid $10/3; now the price is $12/3. Bummer! 

Today, I had an appointment with a new cardiologist, a nice man, unlike the one who interrupted each sentence or question. We were 30 minutes late and had to wait another two hours to see him. So, we rode back in the rain, dark, and Tommy with low blood sugar. It was a harrowing drive. If I were ever going to have a heart attack from extreme fright, this would be the drive to do it. Besides not being a good driver, in my opinion, and not good at dark or in the rain, everything that happened was someone else's fault. The cardiologist has lots of tests scheduled for me. Lovely! 

Going to the doctor and Publix and cleaning out my purse is all I have done today. But, I slept late and slept ten hours. I went to bed at 9:30, slept until 1:30, took meds and went back to bed at 4 am and woke 10 am. See? I went to bed early and still only slept four hours. 

Do you ever clean out your purse and find things that you had been looking for or thought were lost or that you had forgotten you had? What was it? Do you find money?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, there was a gold mine in your purse. Good for you for getting those coupons before the end of the year. I need one of those crossbody bags to use as they are easier to handle than a big purse. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I am so glad I rescued those coupons just in time. With the tiny crossbody, I have both hands free. I do still carry my big purse in the car so I will have things I need, at least in the car.

      Delete
  2. You did well with your purse, but no, I know EXACTLY what's in my purse (it's a foible of mine). That being said, sometimes when I pull into my driveway I have a helluva time finding my house keys and then I wonder how on earth you can lose keys in something that size! Good luck with your new cardiologist and happy new year to you and Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I am laughing! Sometimes, I just over-organize myself. Thank you. I feel good about this doctor. It felt like we had driven to Atlanta! Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  3. I clean my purse out every two weeks on Wed. That's the day after appts, and errands. I don't find money since I don't carry cash but I can tell you Hubby cleaned out the case his phone is in and found around $40 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I occasionally find a goldmine when I clean my purse out. But it feels great to have it neatly organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      Once, I found a $100 bill amongst coupons. That is inspiration enough to clean it out...lol

      Delete
  5. Not having a purse I regularly rummage my laptop travel case (a well worn leather thing) to find all sorts of things therein, including several coins, which go into the piggy bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I suppose the laptop case serves the same purpose as a purse, a receptacle for things that are in hand and not easily disposed of, not that change and stamps are things we want or need to dispose of.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...