Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Finish Off Tuesday and Part of Wednesday

 Tuesday night:

The cheapest gas this weekend was $2.59. I hope it keeps coming down. 

Turkey or chicken breast is my favorite meat. I like it because it is dry. I ate a bit from one of the two turkey breasts I just baked. The chunk of meat was dry as dust, even chewing it. It was incredibly tender, but incredibly dry, just like I prefer it. 

Tommy got out the spices, put them in a bowl and mixed them. I usually do this, but I could not stand upright to do it. I was hanging onto the sink with my elbows! Salt, pepper, and ground sage is all I use, just like my mother did. Usually, I just sprinkle each on the turkey or breast one spice at a time. I rubbed the breast very well, put them into a turkey bag and baked for almost three hours. The skin turns out beautifully and incredibly tasty. 

After both were baked, I left them to cool a bit. I told Tommy to get some to eat if he wished. He just got skin and said it was good. Yes, he liked the spices. 

I got four quart bags and divided the two breasts into the freezer bags. No, not evenly, just a portion in each. I was tired! 

I had two tiny bins sitting next to the tree with decorations in them. Well, they disappeared, so the tree will only have lights! 

We hauled things out of the living room until 2 am. I was so wired I could not sleep until 7 am. I had told Tommy to wake me at 11 am, but wrote him a note telling him to wake me at 1 pm. I did sleep until noon and we started again getting the place presentable. 

This blog will continue with the rest of Wednesday and our "party." 

Wednesday, I went to the store and bought more Christmas napkins because I had no idea where they went. I ended up spending a small fortune at the store, probably enough we will not need for for the next week and a half when we need to buy milk and bananas! 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are about ready! I like breast meat - but do not want it dry. I like it moist and tender.
    Hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was almost ready, and had a good time. I like breast meat tender, too. But, the reason I hate the rest of the chicken is it is too wet, besides not liking the taste.

      Delete
  2. I love chicken! I usually get a large pack, break it down, season it and freeze it. It's bitterly cold here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      My solution is to freeze the whole pack of bscb, thaw, season, cook and freeze some, eat some. Sometimes, it comes frozen. I just saw it is 48F now. It is supposed to be in teens this weekend. brrr Stay warm!

      Delete
    2. Currently, I'm in single digits with a windchill factor lowering that.

      Delete
  3. I will only eat breast meat, but do not like it dry. Tender yes, dry no. I hope your party went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your party is before the big freeze!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...