Wednesday, August 23, 2023

A Nickel and Heat

When Tommy was in Publix this last week, he spied a nickel. Since he would be in the position to do a plank if he were to pick it up, he did not hope to get it. He said there was a little boy about 3 or 4 standing near. He told the kid about the nickel. The child picked it up and was handing it to Tommy. Tommy said, "No. That's yours." The child looked confused and then smiled. The mother smiled, too. 

I did not sleep at all Tuesday night. At about 1 pm, I went to bed, sleeping until 5 pm. Since I was famished, I had to eat before sleeping. There were 8 eggs in a carton. I boiled two and scrambled six. The idea was that I would eat three scrambled eggs today, and have the boiled ones and scrambled ones another day. 

It seemed the three scrambled eggs made me hungrier, so I ate the other three in a few minutes. I did sleep well and was no longer famished. I had left the two eggs on the stove in the hot water. Well, around 6 pm, I realized they had been in hot water and had been sitting out for about 8 hours. Finally, I made egg salad and at those two. 

I think I could live off eggs and not eat meat. However, it is not my habit to eat so many in one day. It had been a month since I had an egg. We have three dozen in the refrigerator. 

Today, I was hotter than I have been in years. We were in the car for over an hour with hot air blowing on us. We went to market, three stores for ads, and Walgreen's. The ac blew a bit of cool, not cold for one or two minutes. And, it was rush hour, so not fun. At one point, we were parked in the shade and a hot breeze, but a tiny bit cooler than the car air blew into the car. It was actually not much relief for the heat, just for my mind hoping it would blow cooler outside. Still, I hate the impending cooler weather. 

I was struggling as we came home. Sweat was pouring from me. I sweat real good...lol. The rayon dress was soaked. Fighting it was the only way I got it over my head! It is soaked! I still love rayon on a hot day. My back was stinging like fire ants were covering it and biting me. I had to get my back washed off with a soapy cloth. Luckily, Dove does not need to be rinsed or wiped off. 

The ac is set on 73 and runs continuously. 

Because of my continuing problems sleeping, I decided to try melatonin again. I was taking too much out of desperation for sleep. Now, I will start low and never up it or take more during the night. 

Tommy refuses to drink water, says Pepsi is fine. Dinner--Tommy had chicken, squash, sweet potatoes. I had an egg salad sandwich and half a banana so far. Later, I will have a salad, half an apple and grapes.

In a bit, I will cook two packs of chicken tenderloins and potatoes. Plus, I will make slaw.

I just heard that the heat index was 112F when were out. 

Were you out in the heat today? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...