Sunday, June 30, 2019

Bargains and Not

I do buy bottled water. And, I only buy Dasani no matter how cheap any other is.  I only started buying water after I was diagnosed with diabetes. I forget water and end up buying it. Usually Dasani 24-pack is $4.99. I only bought it when I could find it on sale for $3.99. Publix has frequent sales of buy 2 get one free. I passed this by. THEN, one day I decided to do the math. It turns out that each pack cost cost something like $3.83. Happy day! Now, I only buy at this price.

I would buy a bottle of water no matter the cost if I really needed it. Tommy sat in his vehicle until he was dehydrated, had keys taken away from him, and having to have police and EMT minister to him. He now listens and drinks water. I get two bottles of water from my trunk to take to his vehicle. Before, he would scream out the window that he did not need water. Then, he would not drink it and tell me to take it out of the car. Now, he says nothing and drinks it.

When I buy Coke without Caffeine, I buy it only on sale- 3 12-packs for $9.99. That is what I got this week and suddenly realized that 4 for $11 was a better deal if only by a few cents for each can--$.28 vs. $0.23. I will do better next time! Then, I figured out Walgreens has the same cartons--$8.99 for 3. UGH

cherries--$1.99/lb
Cokes--$9.99/3 12-packs
Daisy Sour Cream--3/$5 I only got one.
2 European cucumbers--free
Ruffles Chips, party size 13.5  ozs.--$2
Breyers Ice Cream 1.5 qts--$2

I think I have a bit of cream cheese. If so, I will make cucumber sandwiches.

I am so sleepy I can barely type right now.

There were many sales this weekend, but not a lot I needed or wanted. How about you?





6 comments:

  1. I love Dasani water and prefer it to any other. Probably because it is made by the coke company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      That could be my reason, too. It has the addition of other things, too. Some water leaves my mouth feeling coated.

      Delete
  2. You have had a tough several days. Hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Dasani tastes better too, but since DH drinks the majority of the bottled water and adds a powdered tea packet to it, I just buy the cheap cases. Dasani is too expensive for as much as he drinks, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink filtered water from the fridge, not keen on bottle water.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...