Monday, July 1, 2019

Losing Weight or Not Gaining


Let's not focus on the fact the hotdogs I ate were unhealthy and fattening. I know that.

When I eat a hotdog, I never manage to bite it straight across. It seems there is always a bit of the bun left on the backside, the fold of the bun, sticking up. I always just take my fingers, pinch off that part and put it on my plate. I don't relish just a bit of bun. I put little mustard and a little more Miracle Whip on the hotdog.

Monday, I put the bun pieces together in the shape of a bun. It turns out that I made two hotdogs with two buns, but I ended up having eaten only one bun. There was a whole bun left on my plate, albeit in pieces.

Many times, I do little things to avoid eating extra calories. I pinch off the outer bun when I eat a plain hotdog.

I like butter on different food items. However, trying to slice butter straight from the refrigerator would mean I used much more butter than I intended. I use a paring knife and am able to slice a very thin piece of butter from the stick. It is not much of a saving of calories, but I figure every calorie counts.

Obviously, I could do better, like not eating hotdogs and buns. But, this works for me.

Do you have any unorthodox ways of saving calories?

8 comments:

  1. We all could do better! Just do the best you can to feel your best. What I have been doing for 4 months is not eating dinner. I have lost 10 lbs. and sleep so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Obviously, I am doing this all wrong! I have a need for food later. I am hungry.

      Delete
  2. I do like tana50 does. I don't eat dinner in the summer. I eat a full lunch and then eat fruit at 4 in the afternoon and then when bedtime rolls around, I don't feel full from dinner because I have cut it out of my eating routine. In the winter, I have soup and a lite sandwich for dinner at 3 in the afternoon and I feel great at bedtime. I also found that I lose weight and sleep so much better unless my arthritis kicks in.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...