Saturday, June 29, 2019

Watermelon

When Tommy called me at 10:30 pm Friday night like he does every night, he said he needed to go soon  because his back was hurting. I agreed and asked him why his back was hurting. He has never complained of a back ache. He did not know what happened to his back. He had done something during his "episode." His word, not mine.

He always sleeps in his recliner but was going to lie on his stomach on his loveseat. That ought to be really comfortable!

I no longer feel like the heat is affecting me, nor do I feel  ill. I do tire easily.

Saturday, the company I had the other night just before I got so sick is coming over to mow the yard free of charge. (Sat night--He never came or called.)

Friday night, I ate from the gallon of watermelon chunks until I was watermelon-logged. Then, I had milk and water followed by a huge Coke. My kidneys work really well, so well I peed all over myself before I could get to the bathroom. It is urgent I get there about every half hour. TMI? Get over it. I have about half a cup of watermelon left for Saturday.

On Thursday, I found  Hormel Compleats in the floor of the car. I had bought one on sale on June 14, according to the receipt. I don't remember that! Since I was hungry Friday night, I tried to eat it and ended up throwing most of it in the trash.

It's about 2 pm on Saturday and no one came to mow. Tommy is coherent. He said he did not fall and hurt his back, that it is a strain. But, he said, "It happened during the 'episode'."

The weather is amazing--beautiful, sunny, hot. It has been stormy all around. I have only gotten a smattering of rain.

I am fully recovered, but I am still very weak. I went to the grocery about 6 pm and spent too much.  Cherries were $1.99/lb. so how could I resist? I always eat bananas and apples. However, I only eat other fruit in season or when it is on sale.

How is the weather where you live?


8 comments:

  1. Weather here is the same as yours, naturally,
    Glad you are better. I was worried about you.
    Hoping Tommy is better soon also. Have the two of you thought of sharing a residence? It might be easier for both of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      He is totally against it! I was worried about me too! I was actually afraid I might die from the heat exposure.

      Delete
  2. Glad Tommy is doing better. The weather here is just beautiful. Some rain, some sun, and the yesterday and today are sunny, no rain. And in the 70º's. Just about perfect for me! The 4th will reach barely 80º. Just perfect after seeing with what France and India are dealing. And lots of other countries and the midwest and east coast. So happy your weather suits you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Thanks. I feel s sorry for people dealing with rain and flooding overseas and hhere in the US. 70s and 80s are good temps. There is rain all over the state but in just tiny spots. None here.

      Delete
  3. I live in Seguin Texas. We had a nasty thunderstorm that traveled from Dallas down to my area in less than 1 and half hours last night right after midnight.. It's still raining and it's 9:44 in the morning. I had planned on moving my lemon trees but that's not gonna happen this morning. What part of the USA do you live? I'm thinking the south eastern states somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanna,
      We had some storms race through here last week that were shockingly fast. But, by the time they got to me, I about ten minutes of light rain. I live in North AL between Huntsville and Birmingham--Cullman.

      Delete
  4. We live in Central Florida and it is hot, humid and rainy. Typical for this time of year. Thank God for air-conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lis,
      I suppose I am having Florida weather here! I am looking forward to a mini drought.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...