Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Weight and Things

Because of a continuing leak under the sink, I ate fast food way too much for about three weeks. My finances were disastrous. I figured I had gained an inordinate amount of weight. At the doctor's yesterday, I stepped on the scale with trepidation. Thankfully, I had not gained a pound.

For some reason, all I want to eat is something that has Jello in it. My latest jag is Jello, cottage cheese,  crushed pineapple and Cool Whip. You know--pink stuff. Of course, you can use any color Jello. This all started with my love of cottage cheese, Daisy brand to be specific.

The next time I make this, I will whip cream, leaving behind additives and gross stuff. I love Cool Whip, but have you ever read the ingredients?

We are standing at 22 days without a drop of rain here. Some places in the state have had rain, but not this city. My grass does not need to grow anymore! I still have not found anyone to mow my grass who does not want a small fortune.

Wednesday night, I thought I saw a peeping Tom at a neighbor's house. At first, I thought it was the homeowner, but the person was acting shifty. And, did I say that one of the meth addicts has been taken in again by a person on the next street? By the way, the last time I thought I saw a peeping Tom at a neighbor's house, I was right. The police got about five calls that night. He was caught later. That was 30 years ago.

Wednesday was low-key until I tried to pick up a prescription.  Do you think this one was sent to the right pharmacy? No, it was not, just like yesterday and from a different doctor. The person suggested I go home and call back to see when they had it transferred and filled. No. I do not want to go home. Circling the pharmacy was the best solution. Grrr!


8 comments:

  1. Occasionally I make a keto version of pink stuff (except I use orange and no fruit). I really do not like jello at all, but when I absolutely have to have something sweet it does work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I would think canned oranges would be good in this. But, I understand your choice. I like just plain Jello! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Try this sometime: cherry jello and frozen bing cherries. It is like dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do sugar free jello, cottage cheese, and whip cream when I need a sweet treat, it is low in carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should not have put pineapple in mine since I am allergic to pineapple. It is delicious sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pharmacies can be so frustrating that. way.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...