Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Yesterday...and Kitty Update

Of course, it was a free lunch Tuesday. Chicken fingers, salad, lemon pie, and unsweetened tea. Someone always brings mine and Tommy's lunch. He left off the tomatoes and cheese. Oh, well.

I had to be at a doctor's appointment at 1:15, but we left with only 49 minutes to make the trip. I drove since I can make better time than Tommy and more safely. I got into the office at about 1:20 and did not leave until 4:30. This time was spent getting a hearing test in addition to talking to the doctor.

This is the third ENT I have seen and by far the nicest one. I went to the first ENT and had to see his partner the next time. So, no, I am not just hopping from one doctor to the next, trying to find a nice one. It just worked out that way.

Usually, I bring stuff for Tommy to eat, but somehow thought wrongly that since we got up from lunch, he would not need anything. Bad mistake. Thankfully, he had a bottle of water in the car, I could see him eating a red sucker I left in the console.

We stopped at a McD where I got a plain $1 hamburger. He got something that was two patties and cheese for $1. That and drinks from another doctor's office where I was picking up records held us over until we got home.  Next time, I will make sure I pack us some substantial snacky foods like I usually do!

I was drained. When we got to the pharmacy and waited 10 minutes in the car, my prescription was at the south location. At the doctor's office I wrote out the word NORTH, said it three times, and still it was called in to wrong location. The attendant at the window said it happens all the time.

At home was pulled pork, tomato, and corn on the cob. Tommy had a choice--come in and wait until I boiled the corn, heated pork, and sliced tomato OR sit in the car while I boiled the corn and packed it up for him to take home. As he often does, he opted for me to bring it out so he could leave. It was getting late.

Since the ads went off on Tuesday, I bought 4 more 49 oz.cans of sliced peaches at one store and bananas at another along with a 4 oz ice cream. After I collected my prescription, I went home and fell in bed about 7:30 and slept until 8: 40 this morning. Of course, I awoke when Tommy called me, and when I was hot and needed to go to bathroom. I am still exhausted.

Since I had ice cream instead of dinner, I ate dinner for breakfast. It works.

I remarked to my neighbor that Kitty was going to make me fall. She has started rushing past me and hitting my calf as she goes in front of me. He said she bit him hard. He said she was very aggressive when she wanted food. Remember, this is not his cat and never has been. He said if he had not had boots on that she would have ripped his leg. Now, I have a biting cat on my hands!


4 comments:

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...