Thursday, June 6, 2019

I Almost Ate It!

When I go into Publix, I always cruise the reduced section. There was a small plastic container that listed three main ingredients--turkey (or chicken), brown rice, and mushrooms. Since it looked great, I picked it up. The label said BLUE.  I knew BLUE BUFFALO was dog food. But, the label was just BLUE.

Several days later, I decided to heat it up. I was looking for directions as to whether the plastic container could be put in the microwave. THEN, I saw words to the effect of "for your dog."

I came this close to eating dog food!

The other day, I pulled/spit out a bite of chicken because I thought I had a  splinter of chicken  bone in my mouth. NO, it was a chunk of a tooth that broke off below the gum line. A week before I  thought a tooth had split top to bottom and I was correct. I had already spent money on this tooth with a root canal. This predicament means pain and money spent in my future.

One day two weeks ago, I was eating cherries.  I had six cherries and managed to swallow four of the seeds. It is not like this requires much skill. Maybe I have swallowed one cherry seed in the last 30 years. So, I did eat cherry seeds! I wonder if cherries will grow in my stomach.

Who knew a person could have an eating themed post about things she should not eat and almost ate?

Can you share an experience where you almost ate something you should not? Or, maybe you or your family did eat it?





6 comments:

  1. Hubs gave me a piece of hard dog food and I ate it, I thought it was an almond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once gave out dog treats at Halloween. People liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Tell me you did not! I will never come to your house on Halloween!

      Delete
  3. I refuse to ever eat French cut green beans again, I found part of a grass hopper in a can once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      I may never eat them after hearing this. Tommy hates them, so this is a good reason to just quit for me, too. YUCK! Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...