Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Fourteen Vials

Three different doctors wanted blood tests. One doctor gave me the orders about two months ago, one two weeks ago, and another three weeks ago. It was time to get these done. Two doctors will not treat me/give me a prescription until they get the results. I am glad they are not guessing at my problems/conditions.

Today was the day. Tommy drove back up here and took me to the hospital to get the tests. They took 14 vials of blood. The nurse was superb. I always watch the needle go in. It had a huge bore but she did not even hurt me. I did not feel the needle go in my arm at all! Nothing! Not even a little stick. Another nurse helped her by handing her a vial and taking a full one.

Now, it has been more than seven hours and there is still not a bruise or mark. After the removal of blood, there was a tiny red mark where the needle went in. Now, even that is fading.

On the way up in a wheelchair, wouldn't you know it, I saw people who were shocked at the wheelchair. One very good friend always thinks it is my knee. No, it is my back. She asked me why I was on that horse. I don't know if she was kidding or could not remember the word "wheelchair." I suspect the latter. The other grabbed my hand, forcing the guy pushing me to stop. I have known her for thirty years but not well at all, yet she always wants to know all the details. Both have my telephone number, but probably won't call me.

Tommy and I used a coupon and got a $2.99 sandwich--Grand Turkey Club from Arby's, got a fifty cent Coke from a machine, sat in the car under some trees by a walking trail and ate. He is good to me and runs the ac. Later, I thought he was going to come in and wait and have dinner and the squash casserole. No, he was heading home. Whew, I was so glad.

He said he only slept two hours last night which was about a half hour more sleep than I had. I gave him a bag of food I had for him and was able to come in and rest.  He calls me to tell me he arrived safely, so I will not go to sleep until I hear from him.

Today, grocery ads come out, so I cannot wait until the mail comes to see what is on sale. I saw something about a free bag of makeup at CVS, did not understand the concept, so I need to study that. I need milk, but it probably will not be on sale this week. There is nothing I really need other than the milk, but this may be a good week to stock up on sale items.

July 9 is Dress Like a Cow Day at Chic-Fil-A for a free sandwich. Okay, I will be there in cow spots.

Tommy left here at 1:15 and said that the traffic was very heavy. So, I suppose the holiday traffic has begun. One year on the 4th, I stayed here in town, right here at the house. As I came from the grocery store a half mile from home, I was almost broadsided from the left by a car that ran a red light AND was speeding. My tires screeched, my car turned sideways as I braked. I was left shaking three blocks from home in a residential neighborhood and almost hit by a crazy person. I was shaken.

I suppose it is true that we become our parents. I never want to go anywhere to celebrate. However, for about fifteen years, I did go to a block party at a friend's house in Birmingham. Be Careful!

I am up from a short nap. Hopefully, I will be so tired I can go to sleep tonight.

Yesterday, I boiled a dozen eggs so I can have a protein source when I need it. However, I just love boiled eggs. I never put salt or pepper on them anymore. I can have a couple of deviled eggs, egg sandwich, egg salad, or just plain egg. When they are hot from the boiling water, I have one egg with a bit of butter.

Okay, the ads came out. Suddenly Salad and Cool Whip were the only things I could want. I don't need either. Maybe Publix will have an ad with things I want. I really want Miracle Whip, but so far see none. Lots of mayo is on sale. Boo!


6 comments:

  1. It really makes a difference when you have a good nurse to take blood. When Ben had to have blood taken this last time his nurse was phenomenal at taking his blood (unlike when he was admitted to the hospital and the ER nurse was terrible). I couldn't even tell where he had it taken out at. 14 vials is a lot of blood. Hope you have a relaxing 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earlier nurses taking blood left me with fear. Now, I do not take it when a shoddy nurse seems to enjoy hurting me. Sticking a needle in and raking it from side to side left me with a bruise from my wrist to armpit.

      Delete
  2. Hope all comes out all right with the blood tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I expect there to be problems. But, that is okay since I can find out what is wrong.

      Delete
  3. You continue to have quite the busy life
    Do you really have a cow suit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tape spots on a black tshirt. I might have painted spots on a shirt. I painted spots on a tshirt for Tommy.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...