Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Rough Tuesday

Nothing bad happened, I just did not sleep one minute the night before. UGH! Nothing excited happened, as you will see.

Free lunch was pulled pork with bbq  sauce on the side, baked beans, potato salad, roll, orange sherbet with two very thin and large cookies. It was a very good lunch. Since I don't eat baked beans, I gave those to Tommy. He gave me his potato salad.

The program was about KenyaRelief.org, very interesting.

When I got home, I was going to make squash casserole but was too tired. I made a green bean casserole because I know he loves it. We had baked chicken and cole slaw with the green bean casserole. I had vanilla ice cream with bits of strawberry pieces in it. Later, I had cherries.

When he picked me up, we went to Aldi where I bought blueberries for $1.49, Cherries for $1. 79/lb, and red grapes for $0.79/lb. That was almost $12 and all for him.

We went to bread store where I found a $0.50 loaf of bread for the bread in the squash casserole. The woman showed me where the least fresh bread was located. Tomorrow, I will make squash casserole for him.

After lunch we went for a ride around our city lake. As soon as he drove where the shade was deepest and it became cool and dark, I just wanted to nap. I would have enjoyed being driven around while I slept. lol

It's almost midnight. I've slept a bit. I hope to sleep a lot more! Tomorrow, I have blood test orders from three doctors, that  I must fulfill. Plus, a raccoon somehow got a bag of garbage out of the can andripped it up and spread it all over the yard. The can has two bungee cords still in place. ???

My Belk credit card bill came today. I only owe $1.26 or some small amount. YAY I rarely use it. I know it is not much to pay off, but it is a thrill nonetheless.




6 comments:

  1. Yay for paying off a card! And you know why raccoons can get into so much? They have opposable thumbs! They could probably open a combination lock. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      The least they could do is mow the yard with those thumbs. They can also turn their wrists around backwards to climb down tree.

      Delete
  2. It is always a thrill to see a small balance or no balance at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Yes, a thrill. This one is never more than $100 or so, but I had let it get a bit higher this time.

      Delete
  3. I too think no balance a good thing - on a credit card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      This card will have a $0 balance for a while.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...