Friday, August 9, 2019

This and That

I see Kitty about twice a week. She was very cool toward me for the longest. At first, she loved me, then became cool. Two days ago, she was back and loved me. Now? Nothing. She is just not around. I feed her when I see her. She leaves some of it. Then, the possum or another cat cleans it up.

The Animal Control Officer is very elusive. I have called several days and he is never there. I need him to set the trap for the 'possum that now never seems to be around. He must have gotten the word I am out for him. Plus, he is no longer able to get into the trash.

My test results from the procedure at the hospital have traumatized me. I cried most of the day. Of course, Tommy had some church meeting all day, so I could not talk to him. I will say more about the test later. He was stunned at the not-so-good results.

The trauma called for chocolate ice cream. Enough said. oh yeah, it was on sale.

After cutting my hair five days in a row, I have not cut it for six weeks. And, I have an appointment with a chichi establishment to have my hair cut properly. People compliment me on the way it is. But, surely I am not that good at cutting my hair with kitchen shears. I just took chunks of hair without looking and sawed my way through it. If I ever cut my hair again, I will get the proper scissors.

I met the stylist in Publix and she seemed nice. I got the name of the salon, could not find it on the internet. I drove there, found the number on a billboard,  and dialed the number as I drove around the block. Thinking I had dialed wrong, I dialed it after checking the billboard again. THEN, I had to get out of the car and go in.

The billboard is wrong as they all use their own cellphones for their own appointments. They gave me her number, and I called last week. She was in Florida. Finally, I called her, yesterday,  Thursday. It seems her son erases her messages. Finally, I got the appointment.

Tommy had some sort of church meeting Friday. He is on a governing board of a group of 37 churches. Thankfully, he did not drive in the rain in Birmingham yesterday. They had lunch at Zaxby's. He loves food from there. Well, so do I.

When I talked to Tommy on Friday night, I told him I wanted to see "Yesterday." Well, if it is at the movies this week. Has anyone seen it? Planning to see it? I doubt we will get $5 tickets since kids are back in school.

Speaking of kids returning to school, now I have to time my trips out of the house. The route is important, too. Traffic for an elementary, primary, middle school, and high school, plus two church schools use this path three blocks from me  to travel back and forth. It is a nightmare. School starting also affects when the line at the pharmacy is busy. GAH!

I thought I saw a penny in a parking lot. It was gum.










10 comments:

  1. I saw Yesterday. We thought it was a cute movie but not a great film. I really did love the music though and the acting was decent. It is worth the 5 buck movie night. We are planning to go see The Peanut Butter Falcon on Tuesday if I can get the 5 buck tickets. I really hate that now the theaters are selling numbered seats instead of just a ticket and sit anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care about the movie. I want to go for the music. I think the premise is cute. I hope our movie does not sell numbered seats. Tommy cannot climb the stairs, so we always have to sit on the closest seats. They make me numb. But, I never complain.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this “this and that” post very much. A little window on your days. Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I still have not gotten back on the old blog. Until then, I am here. I am glad you enjoyed seeing my day.

      Delete
  3. I eat chocolate cookies as a trauma recovery. It doesnt help but tastes good!
    I hope you will be ok, will wait for your news

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that your tests at the doctor's were not good. I am hoping there are steps you can take to turn around these results. I will keep you in my prayers. I have given up seeing movies in the theater. My friend went a week ago with her daughter. She paid $10 for her ticket because she is a senior, but her daughter had to pay $21. It was "The Lion King" which she said was fabulous, but that is way too much money to spend on a movie. I am sure we will pass on this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50. Even $10 is too rich for me. I sort of want to see it. Tommy has a super package and will see it eventually. he was not a senior when I met him, so I would always speak up before he could ask for one senior and one regular and say, "two senior tickets." I have made a liar out of the poor man."

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I had to reread the post to answer this puzzling question! I don't know what flavor the gum was. It was dark and I was not going to scrape up nasty gum nor taste it!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...