Friday, August 9, 2019

Yes, I Had No Bananas

On Wednesday and Thursday, I suffered because I did not have a banana first thing in the morning. Seriously, I like a banana each morning. Nothing seemed to be right until I got bananas on Thursday night. Actually, nothing bad happened; I was just discombobulated all day, wandering about looking for a banana. Last week, I bought nothing but bananas, but not enough. Well, I don't remember buying anything else.

I also went to Walgreen's, CVS, and Publix. The drugstores are next to each other and Publix is across the street. I just went to the drive-up window at WAG to pick up meds. I get notifications texts that a prescription is ready. Then, I get there and they have no idea what I am there to get. The guy who works the window always gets it right. Soooo, I have to go back tomorrow.

At CVS I had to go in. I got the coupons out of the little machine for my card and Tommy's card. I got nothing I need or want or can use. Tommy got a coupon for $0.75 cents off a Hershey bar, which I got and ate. It cost me $0.27. Pads were buy 1 get another for half price. I needed two other things, forgot what, and owed over $40. That was a shock. I did get with the receipt a $2 COUPON.

At Publix, I got strawberries, mustard, and enough food and stuff to come to another $40. Oh, I did get the precooked bacon because I cannot stand long enough to cook it. I want BLTs. I wish Tommy were here to peel and dice potatoes for potato soup since it will hurt my hand.  I hate potato soup but found a recipe that is actually good. I can chop up bacon and put it in the potato soup. also, I HAVE THE BABY CARROTS TO DICE TINY for the potato soup. forgive caps The last bacon I bought to cook stayed here so long it rotted.

Oh, I bought boneless, skinless chicken breasts. BOGO. I cruised the ice cream aisle and did not buy anything. Proud of me? I am. The strawberries and mustard were on sale.

I only bought three bananas because they will draw fruit flies if I get more. On the way into the house, all three bananas fell to the ground with a thud. Shortly, I ate one and it was hugely bruised. Eating the next two should be lovely. NOT!

At Publix I was hoping there was Kraft Medium Cheddar cheese on sale. It was--two 8-ounce chunks for $9. That is no sale! Besides, they were out.

THEN, I drove to the other end of the town and found cheese on sale for $2.99 for an 8 oz. chunk. I bought three. `The young girl who checked me out was so sweet.

Neither grocery store had anything good in their sale buggy or shelf. I was disappointed.

I awoke to recycling and trash gone, thanks to trash guys. They must have gotten the bags without taking the cans to the road. Sometimes, I just throw small bags of trash in the can. From now on, it will all go in big trash bags. Maybe that will make it easier. I am grateful to have it taken.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you ran out of bananas mid week and bruised the new ones. I have to be careful with potatoes or they will bruise on the way up the stairs if they get dropped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks. I did not know potatoes to ever bruise, and I have dropped enough of those.

      Delete
  2. I haven't had a banana for a long time. I should get some tomorrow. Thanks for reminding. I now have a slight craving for them. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always shocked by the receipt total when I go to Walgreens for a few things. We started ordering more of those types of items online now and I think it saves us a little money. CVS is farther from my home so Walgreens is where I usually go.

    I have had a weird thing with bananas since I was a kid. They taste good when I eat them, but they make my stomach ache. I don't know why that would be. Honey does the same thing, only much worse. Never knew what that was all about either.

    Only during the very early spring do I seem to reliably get good tasting potatoes at the grocery stores around here, but I am particular about their taste. We only eat them baked, or boiled, I never fry them. I hate standing around getting hot and spattered frying anything. My husband prefers them just boiled with a bit of salt on them. I'm naughty and must have butter on them. The ones we get around here during most of the year always have dark bruised looking spots in them and or skin that has gone green, (not healthy). When they've gone green on the skin I can taste it in the whole potato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,
    I bought one thing at CVS that will never be purchased there again...too costly.

    Maybe you are allergic to bananas and honey. Unfortunately, I am allergic to things I love--cashews, for one. My daughter complained that bananas made her tongue sting. I did not listen to her. I am so sorry becase I thought she did not want to eat the banana.

    I never fry potatoes, either. I don't need them! And, standing around at the stove is not something I ever do because of my back. A bit of real butter really enhances vegetable of all kinds. I only put a tsp on a whole pot of vegetables. I never thought those dark spots were bruises. Now, I know. Never eat the green part. It is poisonous. I peel a lot off but cannot say I can taste it. The potato is green because it has been exposed to light. Keep potatoes in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose it wasn't meant to be this way but I got a smile out of this one. I know many people - myself included - if they don't have "X" in the morning the day is just not right. For me it's tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Some people cannot believe that the lack of a banana puts me of kilter the rest of the day. Tea? I only drink iced tea.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...