Saturday, September 28, 2019

Mid 90 F Here in Memphis, Too.

Tommy and I drove to Memphis today for my 55th high school reunion. Do not ever depend on me to make reservations. I chose a hotel 12 miles from the venue for the dinner. AND, I thought I chose one with complimentary breakfast. Breakfast buffet is $13.99!

That is okay. We ate at Coletta's Italian restaurant and have to-go boxes full of pasta meals.

I remember eating at Coletta's when I was in preschool. The people even know who the little girl my age was there in the restaurant when I was a child. Aunt *****.

The weather could not have been more beautiful for the trip--blue skies and fluffy clouds. The temps were in 90s but with ac, no problem.

Usually, we have a band, entertainment, and dancing and a fabulous buffet. This time, a room in Coletta', order and pay for what you want to eat and drink. We had lots of conversation as usual. FUN!

I had the choice of two outfits to wear. I wore the one Tommy wanted me to wear. At the end after questioning several times, he said I looked on the younger end of my classmates. But, everyone looked great, and I had a good time. So, now I can start counting down for the next five years for our 60th reunion.

Do you go to hs reunions? Do you enjoy them. Got any reunion stories?

8 comments:

  1. we go, and we were classmates. We also go to the get togethers that happen a couple times of year since so many live out of state or travel for their work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Being classmates makes it convenient. This is a 3.5 hour drive, so not a bad trip. They did meet once a month at a bbq place in Memphis. I have never been to those.

      Delete
  2. I looked at pictures of Coletta's. Very nice place for your reunion!

    I attended only one high school reunion, our 30th in 1988. This was outside Fort Worth, Texas. It was held the ranch of a classmate who had become a judge. Great time was had by all. There were only 42 or 46, I forget which, in our class. Several of our former teachers were able to come -- they were all very old by that time. Great memories.

    We have not been to any others but received photographs of our 50th and 60th (last year). Between our 40th and 50th one of the women produced a computer-generated newsletter complete with photos that was great for keeping up with classmates. I was class treasurer, but we just don't travel much any more. Not by airplane at all and two- or three-day auto trips do not seem that inviting.

    One of the guys calls occasionally and we keep up with deaths and sicknesses mostly at this point.

    Glad you had a great time. I am envious.

    Between our

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhymes,
    Your experience sounds great. We have met every five years. This is the most low-key yet. The first time I remember going to Coletta's I was preschool or seven-years-old. We had a huge room in the back. There were 188 in my class. Tommy figures there were about 100 people there.

    We have a web page to connect. Forty-seven students from the class of 1964 have died. You do live far. I would probably not be making those trips either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the last one and I had a delightful time much to my amazement as High School was awful for me. Many still keep in touch to my surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I think many people finally grow up. I am in touch with more than I would have expected.

      Delete
  5. So glad you went to this and had fun! The incident with him driving and having low blood sugar scared me just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      Thanks. I did have fun. Me, too. I hope to never go through that again.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...