Friday, September 27, 2019

Great Bargain and Useful for Diabetics?

As I left Walgreen's. I asked an employee where the reduced section or the $1 section was located. Even though it hurt, I managed to get back there. There were little packages of RX Nut Butter reduced to $.59. This was shortly after Tommy got his blood sugar under control. The price seemed excellent. I think they were $1.99. I bought five packs which rang up at $1.05 for ALL FIVE! Today, I went back and got two boxes of ten and another five.

That makes 15 Chocolate Peanut Butter packets and 15 Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter, 30 in all at $.19 cents each, regularly $1.99.

$0.19 x 30= $5.81, I think. My mental math is very tired tonight. Is that right.

My hope is that this will be a tool to help Tommy. Those sugar wafers are nasty to me. He might love them. ??? These packets are not advertised as being handy for diabetics. I also got some little packer of oj--very expensive but not so expensive as a wreck...or as deadly.

I tried to upload a picture and then a link, but I am so exhausted that I could not figure out how to turn on my laptop. You know, that elusive and tricky on button.

The front of the box advertises:
1 Egg White
27 Peanuts
1/2 Date
No B.S.

The only thing I don't like that is listed on the side under ingredients is the coconut oil. Maybe everyone else likes that ingredient.

It does taste good. I tried it out on Tommy, and he is okay with it, likes it.

My hope is that he will drink one of the small 8 oz. OJs and then suck this out of the tiny packet.

I also bought Turkey Jerky. He hates the spices, but I am okay with these spices. He told me there are jerky packets without spices. I did not know that, so he will have to show me.

He agreed he was hallucinating. I will get him to a doctor.

I spent two hours at the doctor Wednesday and four Friday, today, and I must still go to have blood work done. My burn turned out badly!

97F degrees today. Anther baby died near here.

6 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like the packets would have many carbohydrates to bring his blood sugar up, but I imagine the orange juice would help his low blood sugar pretty quickly.

    The heat is hanging on longer this year around here. I hope we don't go from 90's to 50's all of a sudden.

    I hope your burn will heal quickly.

    Take care.

    Susie D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear me what a lot of news in this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, and I still have not gotten into the doctor visits.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...