Monday, September 23, 2019

Nothing much today

Once again, I awoke drenched because the bedroom is so hot. I walk into the living room where he is under a blanket because he is cold. Yes, the ac in living room and kitchen work just fine. It feels great. I think his closing off the ac vents in the two bedrooms on either side of me are part of the cause. I read on the internet that closing off rooms and vents will harm the unit.

Today was a busy day as far as solving a few of my problems. The telephone and computer are great tools. However, I could not hear. For some reason I keep accidentally turning down the volume on the phone. I have never had this problem except for the last few months. I have two meetings tomorrow.

The lack of humidity or the low humidity has made the 90F+ weather seem almost balmy. Since I have no sweaters or coats, I am getting nervous that a cool day will catch me lacking.

Sadly, we threw away the cans I save. There is no recycling here for cans. Publix has recycling bins for plastic bags, Styrofoam, and something else. With the cans, my huge chicken, and a sewing machine out of the back of the Rogue, we have only one small can of food left. That goes, too, tomorrow. There must be a place to recycle cans somewhere around here.

Okay, MODERN FAMILY now.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.alabamarecycling.org/aeconline/recycling/dropoffs/birmingham-recycling-and-recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need warmer clothing, check out the thrift stores. You'll find things there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susi Q,
      I cannot stand or walk that long or far. I have nothing against used. At some point, I am just hanging onto the racks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...