Thursday, September 12, 2019

Organization, Light, and a Breakthrough

Getting over yesterday was hard. I stayed up too late and took a Benadryl and slept waaay too late. It is 4:30 pm and my back hurts so much. I have not done the laundry yet--three outfits in a black load.

I did decide I would collect and organize my receipts from purchases. When you have NO clothes whatsoever, it is easy to make wrong decisions about clothing choices. I was in so much pain of all sorts that responsible decisions were almost impossible. Not that he is my barometer, but Tommy likes all but one purchase--a short, short-sleeved jacket. I knew it would get cool soon and all the items I bought were sleeveless. Sleeveless is fine in the winter because I get too hot.

But, the key to returning items is having receipts. Well, with a card, the receipt is not necessary. However, I had a jumble of important receipts, useless receipts, and random small pieces of paper that needed sorting. Some pf the random small pieces were important numbers that I needed to put in my phone or trash. Done.

Tommy gave me five envelopes that I asked him to give me. Now, my purse is clean. My wallet is not. That will come later today. Since it is almost 5 pm right now, I should get cracking with the load of laundry.

Wednesday night, I could not see to get to the laundry room. So, I had Tommy go to WM and get light. Now, I have two $1 flashlights and a headlamp that surprisingly cost $1. It is flimsy and has on and off. Even more surprisingly, it works surprisingly well, and I love it. Of course, it only has been used once. I had to go out an unlighted front door, walk down a rickety ramp in the dark, walk in the dark beside and past his car and mine, and open the laundry room door. Then, I have to get back safely into the house. I wanted the $1 small flashlights. At home, I kept one in each room in an easily reached place. Then, I had several better flashlights for use in a longtime emergency. The cheap ones were to get me safely back to the good lights.

Plus, there is a light that looks like a light switch that sticks to the wall and has LED lights that will blind me. But, it is light. Maybe I can see to wash dishes he had just left sitting in the refrigerator. He will get on board when he sees progress. What he really needs is an electrician.

I have made telephone calls today, so now that everyone is closed, I really need to get the laundry out, and then get the turkey into the oven. I got this at a food bank this week--turkey thighs with some sort of seasoning and I think there are turkey legs. At any rate, there are two huge packages. Tommy will eat those and I will continue eating the chicken breasts since I need to eat some protein often to keep my blood sugar down.

Do you remember the $1 house shoes I bought at Dollar Tree? I gave them away because it is so difficult to return things there. I gave them to a woman I have given at least 400 lbs of food. They were her size. Sooo, I went back and got my size. Now, I walk around with my toes walking on the floor because they stretched out so much. Watch out if you buy them.

Tonight, Tommy said,"I suppose you want to watch the Democratic debate."

"Well, I figured you would not want to...."

"There are a couple of football games on Saturday that I want to watch, so I thought you could watch the Democrats."

SHOCK!

Then, I put chicken and turkey thighs in the oven with the tv so low I could not hear it all.


Earlier, we went out to pick up his meds and got a Coke. He took my Coke and said, "Here, let me open your Coke." He has been much more conversational all day.

Then, he lost it and I laughed at him and shrugged my shoulders.

"Mercurial" in the dictionary has his picture posted.

OOPS--will tell you about the breakthrough tomorrow!





6 comments:

  1. I, too, have recently moved in with men. Two of them and I are sharing a house. The men have been roommates and friends for about 4 years. Along comes me. So I'm collecting firewood with them, they have a dog, I have a dog. Nothing in writing we just make sure that we talk it through whenever there is a conflict of some kind. Anyhoo! So these men have been living on their own, doing their own 'thang'. The house isn't as bad as one might think. They are neat and tidy, do their laundry, sweep occasionally, etc. So far I've collected firewood them - there is a woodstove - and just generally kept the house clean and organized. I've not been interfering. However! and this speaks to you as well about being a good influence...Since I've moved in they have: painted the living room white, moved the couch that's been on the back deck into the living room, and asked for my help in choosing where to hang pictures. They mean well. They are a little set in their ways. They are kind and good natured. And they are learning to work WITH me, as long as I'm not imposing on them. The power of suggestion is so powerful! I am so happy that you are sort of settled into a safe space while you sort out the rest of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. diana,
      I gasped when I first walked into his house. There were about 40 of the big plastic cups from McD sll sround the living room on every table. By there are 7 tables in the living room. He slowly removed all the cups over about 4 days. I did not comment on their presence or their removal. The kitchen floor is pristine, and I am not sure why since he never cleans. Read next post about the breakthrough. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I have found that some males raised where the women do all the housework do not clean their own homes when living alone. Daddy's mom had polio and he had 5 sisters who didn't care he was the boy so he learned to cook and clean just like his sisters. He made sure my brother did too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Boys need to know everything girls do, except birthing babies.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...