Friday, October 18, 2019

Thursday Shopping and Friday

I went to three stores--The Pig, Foodland, and Publix. I was particularly looking for six-packs of Minute Maid Orange juice for Tommy's dangerous hyperglycemia. I am not buying the Atkins bars since it cost $7 for six and we eat them. I want to get Frito Lay Munchies peanut butter crackers. They taste better than other pb crackers and the ingredient list and the nutrition facts are better. He likes these too, but at least they are more easily replaced. The Pig had the juice, but I could not find the crackers.

On Friday I want to return something to Belk's. Tommy hates one top I bought, so I am returning it. Normally, this would not happen. But, he gets so angry when I ask him not to wear something torn or faded and states his right to wear what he wants to wear. So, I am giving in on this. I had two outfits I was considering for my reunion. I really wanted to wear one he hates and did not want to wear the one he liked. After he gave me no fight on what he wore, I decided not to wear the outfit he hated of mine. No problem. He rarely has any opinion.

So, onto what I bought today:

The Pig aka Piggly Wiggly

Concord Roasted Potato Seasoning $1.15
Uncle AL's Stage Planks $0.24
Ragu Pasta Sauce $2.27 (wrong price!)
3 MM Orange Juice $3.47 x 3

Now, I will have to go back tomorrow to rectify the wrong price. It was supposed to be $1.70. Those two cookies, the chocolate stage planks, are delicious!

Food Giant

Ragu Pasta Sauce $1.79

Publix

Kraft Parmesan Cheese 2 for $6
Publix Cooked Bacon $3
Ronco Spaghetti $1.69
Cracker Jack 3-pack $1.50
Romaine $3.50
a2milk $3.50
Blueberry Muffin Mix $1
Strawberries $3.99
Classico Spaghetti Sauce 2for $2.88
McCormick Maple Smokehouse Seasoning $2.19
Black Cherry Jello $1.19
Carrots $0.99

Total spent was about $72.

Everything was BOGO or on sale except for the Jello and the McCormick Seasoning. I still have meat in the freezer, so I need to see what is there before I buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Thursday night, I did not sleep a wink. Sleep would not come. I got up and straightened up things in the bedroom, trying to be quiet. About 7 am, he awoke to a nasty alarm and I went in to sit n the sofa. We left about 9:30 to go to Belks for me to return something I did not like. I found a cheaper sweater whose price I liked better.

Friday--I slept three hours this afternoon. Now, I must bake sweet potatoes, wash clothes and figure out how I am going to keep from freezing to death without clothes to wear in this weather. things I bought were summer clothes but not everyday-bumming-around-the-house type of things. Maybe you do not understand.

Tommy turned on the heat last night. But, it did not come on until this morning. I spent the night barely able to breathe without ac, but still chilly. I would keep the ac on until at least Thanksgiving. Does anyone get this?

I found the Frito Lay pb crackers--6 for $2.



12 comments:

  1. Have you tired the thrift store or a consignment store? (Sometimes I have better luck) Also, you can get Belks coupons online and just show them the coupon or print it out.



    Also, with the ragu from the Pig, I wouldn’t go back it would cost that much in gas and time, but that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get help in Belk's. I cannot stand to shop a thrift store! I will go to the Pig when the ads change, and I want to buy something. Plus, often it is close on the route we are taking.

      Delete
    2. Grit your teeth and go into a thrift store for winter things. If it is unpleasant and the prices are too high,go to a different one.

      I don't understand why you weren't allowed to take your clothes from the collapsed house but you were allowed to take furniture.

      Delete
    3. Anne,
      When I said I cannot stand to shop a thrift store, I meant stand up. They said I could not have the stack of stuff I wanted. THEN, a ratty sofa and chair were brought out. They willing brought out table and chair from kitchen. My antique furniture worth much more went to dump because they said it wass too dangerous to get it out. I was in a state of shock.

      Delete
  2. My one daughter runs a fan year around in the bedroom. She's been known to open the window during the fall and early spring much to her Hubby's dismay.

    I wear old sometimes stained tee shirts( I am my Mother's child LOL) and sweat pants around the house during the winter. When the tees get stained enough I pass them to daughter 4 that wears them under her uniform at work.

    I have repeatedly remind Hubby to wear his old clothes for work and his better clothes we were are going some where. After ruining 5 pairs of jeans and not being able to find jeans for him I think he got the message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot open a window here. He says he has "double windows." They are storm windows, but he denies that. Plus, dampness from night air and allergies make me ill.

      Remember, I have no old clothes. They are all in the dump with my good clothes. What I have left--two nightgowns, two pair faded pants, one t shirt, two pair sandals, two pair of panties. One nightgown is going to be useless soon as it is threadbare. One pair of pants has about twenty holes, the other has several holes. Both are faded. One pair of sandals is in Tommy's car in case of having to get out in case of accident or mud...lol.

      I am the queen of wearing ratty clothing around the house! I always change out of good clothes when I come home or cook. I have to remind Tommy to put something across his lap when we eat in the car because he spills stuff.

      I know there are people who buy clothes to wear around the house. I am amazed. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I refuse to wear my going-somewhere clothes around the house, because as soon as I get in a hurry, and don't change as soon as I get home and leave a good top on at home, I stain it or snag it. It is very rare for me to forget to change into my "play clothes" the minute I come in. In the past I have tried wearing aprons to protect my clothes, but find aprons to be either too hot, or a lot of times with stains, the stains find their way to anyplace that the apron doesn't cover, so that isn't a great solution for me.

    When my clothes get pilled and frazzled from the car seat belt or just plain wear, or they get permanently stained, they become my at home clothes. My slacks become house slacks when they get too pilled, or just worn looking. My dog knows if I put on my good slacks and a bra, I'm leaving the house, and he starts getting worried. Fuzzy also keeps track of the belt my husband puts on when he is leaving the house. Indoor dogs are so observant of everything we do. I suppose keeping track of my husband and I is his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, will stain or snag anything I forget to take off. I demote clothes, too. I read the rest of your comment to Tommy. I think it is so funny that your dog can tell you are going out by pants, bra, and belt. I have never had dogs indoors.

      My two-year-old thought I only put on lipstick or touched my purse when I was leaving. He wanted to go, too. lol...like I would leave a baby at home.

      Delete
  4. I like the notion of a noise maker while sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I have used a sound machine for about 35 years and cannot sleep without one.

      Delete
  5. Are you ok? Getting worried as it has been days since you posted

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...