Sunday, November 24, 2019

The Reluctant "Helper"

As you know, I have been ordered to not touch anything. Well, the table in the kitchen is covered with his tax papers from April. I have not touched one thing. I did put something new and clean on top of the papers after warning him I was not bothering his papers.

Three days this last week, I have mentioned I want to get the dining table cleared so we can eat at the table. He has muttered "okay" and agreed in other ways. Tonight, about 9:30 pm, I told him I want him to help me get boxes of food in boxes and the chairs on which they sit out of the way and against the wall. I put food I buy in boxes in chairs. His response--DAMN. He did not say he would not, so in a bit, I will get up and mention it again. He said he thought we were going to wait until it was light. He knows the tiny bulb in inadequate and dusty fixture is not enough light! I told him he could move the papers tomorrow.

He told me that the papers had to be kept in stacks before moving. So, he recognizes there is a mess and a problem. I chuckle inside. I have told him I refuse to struggle to cook with six inches of counter space and need the table so I do not have to stand. He understands, but keep procrastinating.

This will be fun--NOT. Why is there six inches of counter space. He has the largest microwave I have ever seen. OLD And his had two drying racks for washed dishes on the counter side by side with no sign of the drain pan that goes underneath to direct water back to sink. That is on left side of sink. In the right half of sink is another dish drainer. THEN, there is a coffee pot. That leaves about six inches to the left side. Then, there is the corner and stove is six inches on the next leg of counter with 8 inches to the other side of the stove. This kitchen is quite large with just a smidgen of counter. He has a table on the wall opposite the sink.

In the dining area is another table. That is what I want access to.

Today after Sunday School, we had a service where Chrismons were placed on the tree. Then, there was a chili and soup lunch. Thankfully, there were sandwiches, too. The best sandwich has a recipe that I will share.

It was nice to come home and not have to heat up leftovers or cook. Then, I slept!

The next hour should be interesting.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you luck!
    My kitchen is small but I cant imagine trying to work in a six inch space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      We may have a come to Jesus meeting over three dish drainers in the way. remember, he had about a dozen unwashed plates in the dishwasher!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kim,
      Thanks. Except for a little snit over the fact he keeps the tv too low, and subsequent silence, everything is okay so far. I did not sleep last night, not one wink. So, it is 2 pm and i am going to nap and he will clean off the table and have the stacks gone by the time i get up, i hope.

      Delete
  3. I used to live in a motel room. I used a tv tray as my counter. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Definitely feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I can only imagine what a nightmare that must have been. So, you understand!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...