Sunday, December 29, 2019

Gunshots at Church

Christmas Eve, went to communion at the church. It was set up as a "come and go" occasion between 4 pm nd 6 pm. Tommy wanted to go about 4 pm. I wanted to get there at 4 pm. So, we left here abut 3:30 and got there a bit before 4 pm. I suppose we left by 4:30. At 5:20 shot were fired somewhere in front of the church. This happened three times and the minister finally called the police. This is scary!

Today, I went into Sunday School and sat down. As I did, this woman started screeching for me to "get up." I had slept only 3 hours Saturday night, so I was confused and slow. She must have ordered me up about six times. I asked why. She said this is where I always sit. Well, I have been going there and sitting in that seat since August. She sat in that chair one time about two weeks ago. Then, she demanded the seat today. I was annoyed and embarrassed that everyone was taking her side in this. THEN, she started whacking on my arm with both hands, hurting me in what she assumed were gentle pats. No, fibromyalgia causes these hard pats to cause me pain. Plus, I whacked my arm into a door facing and it was bruised.

She went on to explain that she had been coming to that church since she was nine-years-old. So???` She was smiling and laughing like it was all so funny, and I should understand. No one has ever told me I was in their seat in church, but I have heard of newcomers never coming back when a long-time member has told the newcomer to move. Does anyone think this is uncalled-fpr? Rude? Un-Christian?

We are eating the second turkey. Tommy had turkey, sweet potato, dressing, cranberry sauce, and a tomato-cucumber salad for lunch. We are out of dressing and baked sweet potatoes, and just have a bit of cranberry sauce left, so the rest of our turkey meals will be other iterations of turkey. Of course, some will be frozen.

I only saved about two cups of turkey broth. Tomorrow, I am going to use that to cook carrots and new potatoes in the crockpot. Tommy and I both love carrots. I cannot have them raw anymore.

The weather forecast bad weather today, but I doubt it from the radar. Anyone else getting stormy weather?

Tommy has had the ac going for the last few days. Today, I asked him to turn it up so I could bathe and wash my hair without freezing. He did. Then, he turned the ac back on. As I sat here getting ready, I was warm, but he assured me the ac was on. When I went to the bathroom, the vent was blowing heat. He just turned it all off. Hopefully, he will call a technician. But, he keeps saying he does not know what is wrong. Well, that is why he should call someone!

Today, I wore an old "new" look to church. Since I found my plastic boxes of jewelry, I wore my pearl necklace with many strands and gold chains and a pearl bracelet with the outfit--highwater pants, sleeveless top, and black sweater. Of course, it is all costume jewelry. I wonder how long I can keep this going.

On the way back from church, I made my first return, an item at Walgreens. I have more returns to make, so I am rounding up things and the receipts. Several months ago, Tommy threw away receipts. But, since then he alerts me to receipts that escape me.

10 comments:

  1. I never heard of anyone caring who sat in what seat in church. We have people who sit in the same area each week and some who change areas. This isn't what church is about anyway. Maybe the lady has other issues or something (Dementia?). As for weather, we have a winter storm warning out for tomorrow and I have an appointment in the afternoon. I'm nervous about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That is what I asked Tommy--about dementia. He does not think so. Everyone was trying to help me move. It seemed like she was entitled. I know people at churches think that the seat they sit in is theirs ad actually chase people away from church by making them move. We are forecast storms tonight, ending at 2 am according to Tommy. I hate to drive on the interstates in the rain. Be careful.

      Delete
  2. The woman a was rude. Church should be a place for everyone with no restrictions on where you can sit. Im in Vermont and we are getting freezing rain. It just started and will rain til Tuesday afternoon. I would rather have snow than this mess. We will be staying home an din the house. Im hoping that the power doesnt go off. They are expecting trees to fall with the ice on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      I think it was rude, too. Tommy heard it and loudly told me not to move. Maybe the ice will not be too severe. I hate it when trees are felled by ice and I lose electricity.

      Delete
  3. It's not just churches where people who have been there a long time think they are entitled to certain seats. At a senior center where I was a newcomer, everywhere I started to sit some loud mouthed woman would inform me that was "so and so's" chair. Finally, a man said to just sit where I wanted and ignore the naysayers and I did. It's not very welcoming and someone in authority such as the minister or Sunday School teacher should tell people who are too stupid to figure it out that we need to be nice to newcomers or they won't come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      The minister who also teaches Sunday School was right behind my chair helping to oust me and smiling all the while! I had the urge to tell Tommy to give me the keys, and I would just sit in the car while he attended Sunday School and church.

      Delete
  4. I have seen it happen before and stopped going, it was like Newcomers were to sit in the back.

    We had high winds last night and down pours (no thunder) Neighbor lost their flag pole in the middle of their yard. Broke in half. Tomorrow is slick spots as we will be back to our normal temps of in the 30s here in Northwest OH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      If Tommy had not been there, I would have moved myself out of the church.

      I think Tommy said it rained and blew hard for about thirty minutes. He thought it would awaken me. But, I have the sound machine set on "rain". I think 50s will be our cold weather. No ice, no snow.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you poor thing, she must have had a mental issue, maybe dementia. You at least acted like a lady. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKim, I hate to be the one to show some class and embolden those who like to have it their own way. She gives a lot of money. Thank you.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...