Sunday, January 5, 2020

Ma Tahng and Breakfast and Sunday

On Saturday or some day when there was no rain, Tommy and I went somewhere, not sure and don't remember. Anyway, we got a Coke from the fifty cent machines. I got a regular Coke and he had a Diet Pepsi. He insists his sit in the drink holder nearer the back of the seat and that mine should sit closer to dash board. Okay, fine with me.

That day, I thought he picked up my drink and sipped from it. As I looked toward him, he was saying, "Ma tahng, ma tahng!" I asked him what he said, and laughed and he said the same thing over and over. I asked him why he was talking that way. He asked if there were high fructose corn syrup in the Coke. I laughed until I was ill. He sort of laughed. It was good we were in a parking lot. When he could talk and I could quit laughing and listen, he told me that when the sugary drink hit his tongue, it felt like his tongue was swelling in one spot.

This Sunday was the monthly birthday breakfast at church. I bought cherries and had the store wash them. I took them in a cookie container from the store, one they gave me. They were a hit. They are not quite sweet enough yet.

I had a piece of thinly sliced and well-cooked ham, a cheese biscuit, jello with stuff on top, cherries, a nasty little biscuit/sausage that was bought frozen in a store, and a bagel half with cream cheese. These cheese biscuit was too hot, so I gave it to Tommy. I brought a pint jar with about 10 ounces of my a2milk. Then, I drank a bottle of water. The bagel, cream cheese, and ham and cherries was mostly what I ate. I wanted scrambled eggs. But, I had no eggs to cook.

On the way home, we stopped again at Publix and I bought 18 eggs, two 8-oz chunks of Kraft Medium Cheddar Cheese, olive oil, and two plastic bins that were bogo.

Then, on the way home, I asked him to show me somethings he had said he would around Birmingham and the area. We decided we would go see where Paighton Houston was found. I had looked the location up and remembered the roads. It is very close. The house is little and rundown with part of the porch or something falling off. The yard seemed to have been mowed. The person who lived there had to be removed because he or she was old and ill. It was just a nasty little house with junk in front and backyard. The surprising thins was this area had rundown and tiny homes right next door to Mc Mansions. Many of the homes were around 10,000 sq ft. We were fascinated by the strangeness of it all.

Then, on the way to Tannehill State Park, we passed a derelict motel that burned last week. Tannehill is located near where a during the Civil War cast iron was made for the Confederacy until in March of 1865, Union soldiers destroyed it. Tommy even showed me where the old stage coach road was still in evidence. Fascinating! When we got to the place to pay to enter, neither of us wanted to go in. It was getting late, we were going to need to eat soon. Plus, we could not walk to see anything. So, we turned around and came home. It turned out that we were over 25 miles from here.

When we arrived home, I decided I wanted to drive my car. The front two tires were almost flat. Well, the had 20 lbs. of air. We went to one of the pay places to fill the tires. After I got quarters, a man had come to the air hose. I asked him if he would check and fill the tires. He did willingly and without impatience. This air pump took credit/debit cards. His card ran twice and he almost did all my tires and his. I gasped when I realized I had not put quarters into the pump. He said to just give him the $1.50 that I had in my hands. All four tires needed air. Then, I went to the scary car wash where I have to let go of the wheel and take my foot off the pedal. Tommy has to coach me through this. I keep trying to grab the wheel. My car drives better when clean. Air in the tires helped. We left here at am and got home after 4 pm. Long day!

Now, I will go heat the pork, take the sweet potatoes out of the oven, and eat the rest of the cranberry sauce.

I could barely get out of bed this morning, felt miserable during the breakfast and church. I did not feel well on our Sunday ride, but it made me feel no worse. The temperature was mid 50s today, dry, and we drove under a cloudless sky. Beautiful

Oh, at breakfast at church, we got there about ten minutes late. The woman who told me to get up from her place was not there. So, I sat in the same place I have for five months. he came in much later and made a show of kissing Tommy with a huge smack, not something she regularly does. Stupid woman.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. We had a perfect day here as well, cool weather and blue sky. And yes, I agree that woman is stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I am only feeling a bit better. I suppose she is trying to make me jealous.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...