Friday, January 3, 2020

Found

I heard on the news that the police had closed streets around a home here in Hueytown. This morning, Friday, they came back. Then, Friday afternoon, I heard they found a body in a shallow grave. This girl, Paighton Houston, had been missing since Dec. 20, 2019. I feel so sad for her family.

The location of the home where she was buried is about two miles from Tommy's house. I worried for our safety, but Tommy was not going to lock the door. I did. Until the afternoon, I did not know what was happening. But, so many police departments were out that I was sort of frightened.

Since Wednesday, I have felt terrible. I lay in bed Thursday night wondering if I was dying. That's how bad it was. Only now, Friday night do I feel a bit better. I am glad I had turkey and pork loin cooked along with blackeyed-peas, potato, tomato and leaf lettuce, plus halos, bananas, and apples so we could eat with as little effort as possible. I have a dirty dishes, but I can handle that better than cooking. Friday night, we had the rest of the turkey that I did not freeze. Saturday night, we can finish the pork. Sunday morning, there is a breakfast with lots of good food and lots of sweets. We can live without my cooking for the rest of the day. LOL

Other than feeling terrible, since Monday I have not been able to stand in the kitchen for more that two minutes until tonight. I even had Tommy carry the whites to the washing machine outdoor in the carport utility room and go back and bring them in. At home, I had the laundry room indoors and could place a few items at a time in the washing machine. Tonight, I have been taking down dried clothes and hanging more to dry on hangers in the doorways.

Tonight, I cut myself with a knife I was not holding. I could feel the slice into the outside of my thumb where the nail enters the bed. That really hurt. I was reaching with my left hand for a paper towel behind the knife and with right hand reached for the knife. The left hand/thumb contact the razor edge of the knife. How do I do things like this?

We never left the house today as it is rainy and yucky looking out. We both had meds and food, so there was no reason to start the car! Okay, gotta go. I have been busy picking and chewing on the piece of skin I sliced off. I am ensuring it will hurt longer.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better now. There's nothing like feeling ill to bring you down is there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      If I knew what is the problem, I would be happier. Yes, I do feel down. I rarely ask Tommy to do things for me.

      Delete
  2. So sad about the young woman. I had been following and hoped for the best while expecting the worst. Now I just hope they can find the two men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Since they found her behind a house and not 100 miles away in the woods, i think the odds are they will find the guys faster.

      Delete
  3. You are ensuring it will hurt longer... funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like fingers really hurt extra, and bleed extra, when you cut them. I guess they have extra nerve endings and capillaries in them for sensitive feeling. Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipmunk,
      Oh, how it hurt, but not so much today. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Weather and thumb are much better now. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...