Monday, February 3, 2020

Adventures at My Town

Today was the only day when no rain was forecast this week. So, we went back to Cullman. The day was bright from the time we left about 9 am. Sunday I was tired by resisted a nap, I think. I was eager to go to sleep after I took liquid Melatonin on Sunday night. I cannot see the eye dropper, so I took three droppers of it. That may have been too much. I slept for 8.5 hours and could have slept more. I am not sure if I were tired or had overdosed when Tommy woke me. I had my daily banana and milk.

Tommy wanted to buy coffee and sausage biscuit. You think I am going to say No to that? I felt greasy when I finished--hand, face, clothes...lol. The day was beautiful and the drive uneventful. The sun shone all day.

Tommy put a load in the washer for me this morning. I went out and put vinegar in them after we got home. I cannot get them in the house because they are so heavy, so he brought them in tonight.

I returned and got my money back on the scissors. Tommy went in first with scissors and a copy of the two receipts. The man was angry and asked Tommy if he had a dog in this fight. Tommy said, "I am here to help a friend" That made me angry that the guy would question Tommy. He told Tommy if he did not have a dog in this fight to get out of his store right now. I said, "No, he is with me and I want my money back on the scissors."

He was so rude to Tommy, berating him. Neither of us took the bait to be rude. He gave me my money and told me to get out and never come back. "Oh, believe me, I have already decided I would never spend money here again." He gave me $50 while I paid $49.05. I can purchase these scissors elsewhere. No problem. On the copies of the two receipts were was his handwriting and the price and model number. So, he really had no choice but to give me my money or go to small claims court and close his business and pay court costs.  It would cost me nothing but an hour when we were going there, anyway. I did not threaten him.

I had two coupons for anything Hershey or other brands I do not remember. One coupon was $3 and the other was $1. I found  Hershey products bogo. I got a Hershey's extra creamy solid milk chocolate and one Hershey's extra creamy milk chocolate filled with strawberry cream. I am drooling as I type. I asked if I could get one of each and could. I asked the guy if it were possible to use both coupons. He said I could. So 2 Hershey's  10-oz. packages of chocolate.

  20 ounces for $4.19
  - $3 coupon = $1.19
 - $1 coupon =  $0.19 !!!
That is nineteen cents for chocolate hearts!

We ate at KFC with a coupon. I have not had KFC in several months, I think. At any rate, we shared one box and got the two free Senior drinks. I had unsweetened tea; he had Diet Pepsi.

I paid two bills in person. In one case, I want to keep a presence at the business. It is nice and advantageous to know the person at the desk. That often changes. At the other, I was not sure if there was a charge when I use a card in person or over the phone.  I am still not sure! I will call. I went to my bank to get cash to pay one of those bills.

My mailbox is always open nowadays when we go to my lot. I close it each week. So, I suppose someone is checking for mail each week. The person is pulling it open and easing it back so it catches but will make noise when it is pushed close. It is overly tight.  I left the pink bag with 15 newspaper inserts in the mailbox for a friend. Tomorrow, early I will know if someone stole them. Have you ever had a mailbox thief?

There were a few cheap plastic pots at my lot, the kind for planting. I had nicer ones and huge ones that were taken immediately after the incident. Now, they are gone. I had 13 pieces of cast iron--pots, skillets, lids there, too. Today, I had someone put them in Tommy's Rogue. There were four skillets, one lid and one pot. That is more than half that were stolen. I am beyond annoyed. Mama gave me some of those.

I went to a food bank. I am just too tired to look and type, so that will be a story for tomorrow.  I have had to correct almost every word I have typed.

Oh, I have to tell this. I bought a box for filing and it was not what I needed. So, i took it back. Today, i went in Office Max and got a copy of the two receipts and received a coupon for $10 off $30 purchase. Of course, I took it right to someone to find the proper file box for me and file folders that were on sale.

Then, I inquired about a 4-in-1 printer.  The $179 model was on sale for $59, so I got it.  I bought  a Kodak printer there about 5 years ago and it was faulty. The store would not give me a refund because they no longer carried Kodak. Kodak said take it back where I bought it. So, I was sol. Today, I bought a warranty. Since it is HP, I doubt I will need to use the warranty. This model is probably being discontinued.

I have broken the "print' habit! I was printing fodder for a book. Never mind. Did you ever have a habit of printing too much?

We got our pink plastic bag thrown in the yard today. It had store ads and only one two inserts! There was one $5 coupon I will use. Now, it will rain for three days on the bags. Maybe I can find some that are not full of water. Some are dry. Some are full of water, depending on where they are thrown.

Tonight, Tommy will have the thigh from KFC, a sweet potato, and tomatoes. I will have ham and scrambled eggs. Later, I will have sweet potato and salad. Maybe i can stay awake until we eat!

Go to Publix for bogo chocolate hearts this week! This ends Tuesday night.




4 comments:

  1. How do you find all the BOGO things? I never even heard of BOGO until we checked out our new Meijers store and some things said BOGO in the ad. I had to ask someone what it meant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That is exactly how I find bogo. I look in the ads. Some stores don't have bogo regularly.

      Delete
  2. I used to print way too much. Now I don't even print off coupons or recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I will print coupons and eventually recipes. I have to try the recipe first. But, I will not print articles.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...