Tuesday, February 4, 2020

$2.04/gal.

I was thrilled to fill up my almost empty tank with cheap gas. I paid $2.04 per gallon, the lowest gas has been in months. It took me from August 20 until now to use a tank of gas. I was afraid to wait longer because it might start going higher.  Tommy can barely get in my car without lots of pain and cursing. Remember, he can barely bend his knees or hips because of osteoarthritis. But, the location of the station is still a mystery to me...lol. What is the price of gas in your area?

I asked him if he liked me driving him around. He said he liked it. When I asked why, he said he could look around and see things he could not when he was driving.

When I drive, my rollator will not fit in the car. When he puts his rollator in my car, he gets my pale upholstery dirty. He also gets the passenger door and front of car opening filthy. But, I never say anything since he does the best he can.

He has the seat moved back as far as it goes. He  holds onto the steering wheel to pull himself in so he can get into the seat sitting straight. I doubt he will ever have surgery. He is does not want to endure the pain.

The trip to Cullman so exhausted me even with him driving that I have done nothing today, Nothing, Absolutely nothing.

Well, he did drive me to the store to get navy beans in order to cook dry beans and add ham. Although rain was predicted for today, we never saw a drop, thankfully.

Monday night, the ac was on. But, he turned on the heat when we went to bed. It did not come on all night, so I awoke about 6 am and could not go back to sleep because I was smothering. I really liked having an ac that blew cool air all night long!

Lack of sleep and a sore throat from being sweaty all night is the reason I have done nothing. Tomorrow, I might get out the printer. I need someone to set it up. I mean that I need to have someone carry it. I can do the online set up.

Since I got the navy beans late in the afternoon, I did not get them on to cook, so dinner was eating piddling bits of other stuff with a halo.

I have had too much chocolate candy. Someone stop me. Do you get a sore throat from getting too hot? I do.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is great for gas. It is $2.51 here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      Maybe your gas will eventually come down. I am so happy about the price.

      Delete
  2. I use and old flat twin sheet in my car over the seat if I have to transport any thing that might get my car dirty. Figure it's easier to wash a sheet than vacuum and scrub car seats.
    This is Crystal in Nevada. (Oregon for a few more weeks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      Remember, I have no sheets at all! They are in the dump! I had a full sheet that I used to let people rake leaves onto in the yard so they could take leaves to the road. I used it in the car and for all sorts of things. I hope you doing okay and your mother, too.

      Delete
    2. When our thrift store has 50% off sale I look for twin and bigger flat sheets. That is the only time I get them because I won't pay full price. Mom is doing well. Tends to over do it about every other day but still no bending or lifting and limited sitting and standing. Take care.

      Delete
    3. Crystal,
      I have never bought a sheet from a thrift store. I usually have them left over, torn or wrong size I need. When I was walking well and did look, there never were any. Of course, I saw sheets when I needed none...lol. I did find some nice sheets at a yard sale. They are in the dump now.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...