Sunday, April 5, 2020

Chocolate Brownie Waffles

No negative comments! I know!

Saturday night, I made something I had planned for a couple of weeks. No, it is not conducive to losing weight. I asked Tommy if he wanted it before I went ahead.

I used my tiny $10 waffle iron to make waffles from a brownie mix. I saw this on the internet. Directions were to use  a boxed full-sized fudge brownie mix. I had gotten Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix 13" x 9' size and just did not get around to making the brownie waffles.

In the meantime, I found the pouch fudge brownies I wanted. This worked just fine.
I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix in a pouch. For us this small amount it just right.

Basically, the instructions were to add an extra egg. The box already called for two eggs. The pouch only called for one egg, so i added another making two eggs in the pouch and the water and oil called for. Use PAM! I only used it on the first brownie waffle and not for the following ones. I regret that decision.

I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup for the initial waffle. It was delicious. However, I switched to a 1/3 cup measuring cup and the amount was just right. I used a fork to dip the mix into the measuring cup. Dipping the cup into the mixture did not work. Don't do it. Using a spoon was not getting it for me. I used a plastic spoon.

I think I made five chocolate brownie waffles. We halved each as they came from the waffle maker. I used a plastic fork to raise up one edge because I burned myself on a hot waffle! I did not want to use a metal fork and ruin the finish of the surface that was nonstick.

The waffle maker is a DASH Mini Maker Waffle, making a four inch brownie waffle.

Mine


We can eat well all day and then when the sun goes down, a few hours later, snacks are on my mind. Usually, a dozen chocolate chips works just fine. But, these brownie waffles had been on my mind. We just ate them out of hand. I could see a smear of cream cheese or a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar. What would you eat on chocolate waffles?

On the internet are all sorts of hacks for cookies from cake mixes and such things. Have you made cookies from a cake mix or used a mix to make a different food?





8 comments:

  1. the waffles sound so good. First time that I have heard of making waffles from brownie mix. Today, I made a cherry dump cake. I had a bag of some kind of chocolate cake or brownie mix. Not sure which is was as the box was gone. I think it came for the church food pantry. I had a can of sour cherries so used them with a little added Splenda to make them sweeter. Came out good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound so good! Did you bake it in oven or in a crock pot? I imagine any kind of mix could go in the waffle maker, any size waffle maker. I had a large one my mother gave me, but it is in the dump!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a waste of good brownie mix as I can not think anything better to do with brownie mix than make brownies. hohoho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      Oh, this will not take the place of brownies. It was a novelty that will not likely be repeated. I am going to use that little waffle maker for other type waffles.

      Delete
  3. I have a dash and use it weekly for keto waffles. I have never tried brownies though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I think i may have heard of the dash from you. Maybe a keto brownie would work for you, if there is such a thing.

      Delete
  4. I really like the sound of that, i'd eat it with ice cream and fruit.

    I have a waffle maker but i lost the really good recipe i had and no other one i have found is quite the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I wished I had ice cream with it and some strawberries. I have strawberries, but they were not thawed. I lost all my recipes to the dump.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...