Saturday, April 4, 2020

Butter, Dinner, Weight

Since I mentioned to Tommy on Thursday that it looks like he is gaining a lot of weight, he has absolutely quit snacking! Please do not think I was being critical of him. He did not. He ate crackers and peanut butter once in two days. For lunch, he had cheese and an apple. I figure in one month I will see a change in his girth.

I have NOT in any way tried to monitor his intake as to kind or quantity.

Now, I need to be as diligent and pay attention and adjust food I eat.

I need to get a refund and am afraid of handling money. So, I will take a plastic bag with me and have the cashier put the money in the bag. Then, I can bring the money home and clean it with a Lysol Wipe and let it sit for a week before I touch it again.

Yesterday was the day I should have watered my garden. I was too beat by the time I was going to water the reservoirs. Today, when I went out to water, I was shocked to see three of the boxes were fine. the fourth, the one holding cabbage and kale plants needed water badly. The cabbages and kale were very wilted. I have to do better than this.

Tommy's metal shed is falling down. That is fine with me, but it has electricity to it. The box inside will have to be removed safely.  Otherwise, I would help it fall. And, he is okay with it falling as it is dangerous, leaky and an eyesore. I just want the concrete pad for table with umbrella and chairs.

I have been doing things, basically piddling, but accomplishing things like decluttering in various places around the house. I washed a load with new panties and nightgown, plus various other things to wash.

A decision to leave the butter out of the refrigerator was necessary to avoid the consumption of too much butter. I rarely use the butter, but when I made a grilled cheese sandwich, I could not avoid larger chunks/slices than I needed or wanted. You know how hard it is to spread cold butter on any kind of bread!

Since I bought glass storage dishes from Publix with snap lock lids, I pressed one of them into service for butter. I can leave it on the counter and not fear bugs getting into it while it still is warm enough to spread easily. The dish is about 7" x 7" and a bit larger than I need. But, it seals and works.

I have seen huge rolls in the grocery stores of what is called Roll Butter.  As of yet, I have not determined if this is cheaper than pound boxes. Have you ever seen or heard of this?

We have a bottle of mayo in the refrigerator, the kind that sits upside down and the squirt end always has mayo ready to dispense. Tommy had never heard of using mayo instead of butter. So, I made his grilled cheese sandwich with the mayo. He declared it okay and said he could not have told the difference if I had not told him.

While I have no intentions of making my sandwich with mayo, it is good to know I can use it if butter runs low. I have thought this for a long time, not just in the time of Covid19. Do you ever use mayo for grilling your sandwich?

We only went outdoors for laundry, watering, and mailbox. There is a Modern Family Marathon which is on from noon to midnight, or something like that. We love it, so watch.

Tonight, we will have leftover chicken breast, potato wedges baked in the drippings of the chicken pan with carrots and Bell pepper wedges and a piece of celery.  Tommy gets the bell pepper and celery...lol. I love seasoning with Bell pepper not eating the Bell pepper or celery.

I have a recipe about how to used a box mix of brownies to make waffle brownies. I might make that tonight and freeze the extra brownies. They sound really delicious.

14 comments:

  1. I need a refund too for a small melon that turned out rotten inside. Over ripe I guess. But I just decided to let it go as I don't want to handle the money or be so close to the person there. I will have to handle money soon tho as my scrip cards are almost spent and then comes some cash. I have seen roll butter at our Amish store but never tried it. The rolls are kind of big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I have been using my bank card exclusively now. I always liked to keep a little money in my purse, but that is not anything that means anything to me anymore. You can buy a card for very little and use that. The cost is minimal. And, much better than taking a chance with your health. Take the melon and put it in the garden and grow melons of your own. I think the rolls are about four pounds, but I was too busy just getting out of the store!

      Delete
  2. Yes, don't let your hard work planring go for nothing. Watering gives you need to get outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      This is not my idea of going outside since it kills me to water into the small tube bending over. I would like to sit a bit, too. I have no chairs! So, i do the basics and leave--not much fun. It is nice to have lettuce that i do not have to buy in the grocery store and then wonder if it is going to kill me...lol.

      Delete
  3. I love mayonnaise, I could eat it with a spoon lol! I haven't had it on a grilled cheese sandwich though, might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I could eat Miracle Whip with a spoon, but mayo gags me. I tried using mayo to spread on outside of grilled cheese sandwich and wanted to show Tommy there was no difference in taste. Let me know how it turns out. It only takes the lightest smear to brown up nicely.

      Delete
    2. I tried it - delicious! :)

      Delete
  4. I have made grill cheese with the mayo instead of butter. It was Ok but I wouldnt do it if I had butter .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      I tried it once before just to see what it was like, and tried it this once again to show Tommy. No, I would not use it unless I were desperately low on butter.

      Delete
  5. My granddaughter told me about making waffle brownies. I have never tried it. She thinks they are good. I keep forgetting to water my one lone house plant. Good thing it is a hearty plant. We don't get a lot of direct sunlight into the house so most plants don't do well here.
    That's about it for here. Take care and talk later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      If you like brownies, you would love them made into waffles. I imagine that making brownies from scratch and just adding the extra egg would work. Tommy's house gets little direct sunlight, either! I have not put a plant in here as it would die. bye

      Delete
  6. I am gaining weight I just knows it thanks to no gym and less walking to/from waiting rooms to fetch patients. I must watch what I eat. No brownies for me alas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Take an extra walk everyday with the dog and don't snack like I am.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...