Thursday, April 30, 2020

Freebies and Stuff

Stuff first--

I am so ill. Coughing, sneezing, nose running, aching all over, difficulty breathing, a bit feverish. Cannot taste things. Just allergies.

Dinner on Wednesday night was turkey wings (given to me), baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli. I forgot and thought I had turkey legs...lol... Thankfully, Tommy eats wings. Dinner was so easy to make. Since I don't like wings, I had tuna salad--two boiled eggs, MW, sweet relish. It was sort of short cut tuna salad. Plus, I had the sweet potato and broccoli later.

Freebies

1--When I go into the PO, wearing gloves, I peruse mail left on tables. Our PO has several spacious tables spaced throughout the area for PO boxes. Once a month, I find a glossy trade publication for recycling--RECYCLING. I get this and read a little, expanding my knowledge.

There are often catalogues. I pick them up and keep them for a bit and then recycle. I pick up all the coupon inserts, too.


2--Last week, there in the PO was an O magazine by Oprah Winfrey. It has a heavenly scent inside that I probably cannot afford. The woman who subscribed had ripped off her address before she left it. I think it is nice to leave a magazine if you do not want it instead of putting it in the recycling bin by each table. magazine has been a pleasant diversion. I did soak it with Lysol.

3--At The Pig I asked for something to disinfect my cart. The guy handed me a little hand sanitizer sealed individually. The display said "three per person." So, I got my three on the way out of the store.

4--The pink plastic bag with coupons is now being thrown again. It has a section of the paper, so often interesting reading. Tommy read the whole thing today. Several newspaper inserts of coupons yielded great coupons without having to buy a newspaper. Plus, I mailed the rest of the coupons to a friend who is head of food bank. I cut them out, trimming them well so they were all covered by one stamp on the envelope.

These are all insignificant, but they were free and a diversion.

What freebies have you gotten lately?


10 comments:

  1. Gosh that doesn't sound good. I hope you're ok. But you have been extremely careful so that's good. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I have the same way every year with allergies. I am 100% sure this is only allergies. I would feel better if Tommy did not turn off ac air in the mornings!

      Delete
  2. You sure are out and about much more than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I go to PO once a week. Tommy walked to end of driveway and got the pink plastic bag. I also go to the PIG about once a week.

      Delete
  3. We have some bad allergies here but don't feel as bad as what you are describing. It sounds miserable. Hope you are feeling better fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      That was the worst day, but I have the same thing still going on. I might feel a smidge better.

      Delete
  4. Do you have a thermometer? I'm concerned about you. I know allergies can be severe, but many of the things you listed are symptoms of the virus. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      No, I don't have a thermometer. Two were in my house! I ask at the pharmacy when we drive up to get meds. I have just about given up on finding a thermometer. I do run a slight temp when allergies are at their worst.

      Delete
  5. I hope by the time I am reading this your allergies have improved. Mine are in full swings. No freebies here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Ma allergies are still at their peak. If privet hedge stope blooming, I will improve a lot.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...