Friday, May 1, 2020

I Found Masks--N95 Fakes and Scales Came

I went into Piggly Wiggly to buy AAA batteries for the scales that Tommy can use. They had no AAA! How can this be when they had hundreds of AA?

When I came into the store, I got my three little free wipes that were sealed individually. At home, I figured out the wipes are old and dried out.

My eyes sort of drifted to a shelf that held masks for $5 each. I got two and noticed they limited each shopper to four. So, I got four. The mask fits fine except it feels like my ears are being pulled forward. No problem. I rarely wear one for long.

However, there is a faint chemical smell that I think will eventually bother me. Plus, "N95" is stamped into the mask. I do not think these are labeled correctly. Okay, I know they are not labeled correctly. The only info is that they are made in China. And, there is a warning--"misuse of this product may result in sickness."  ??? The lack of the airway with N95 stamped on the mask along with the warning are causing me to rethink using these. I know the chemical smell will make me ill.

How to tell if mask is fake.

Now, people can use anything they want, but stamping "N95" on a mask that is not is wrong.

The scales came and I could barely get the box into the house. It came with scant directions. I finally assembled it. We weighed. I weigh 126 lbs. and Tommy weighs 76 lbs. Before they arrived, we were trying to find a place where he could hold onto something as he got onto the scales.

Tommy assured me that scales could be used on carpet even though he has never owned scales and has only used them in a doctor's office. Once I put them in the kitchen, they weighed us correctly. I am happy with his scales...lol.

Too bad that was not really what I weigh.



6 comments:

  1. Those weights you mentioned sounded like you had just been released from a concentration camp--especially Tommy's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      True! You made me laugh. I did weigh 110 lbs. when I graduated from high school, but those days are long gone!

      Delete
  2. China N95 is different than USA N95. The chemical smell could be coming from being in the packaging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      There is only one standard we accept, and that is in the link. The little cardboard box that is flimsy and breaking apart is not the source of the smell.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...