Thursday, April 16, 2020

I Forgot to Tell You--Turkey Breast Sale

Turkey breasts are $0.99/lb., fully cooked, with gravy. It said it has the wings, too. I think that is strange. I will get a couple of breasts this week. This ad is good until next Tuesday, April, 21st.

When I went to the Publix in Cullman today, the breasts had not come in. The one down here did not have any yesterday. I wonder if they give rain checks. ???

A friend gave me a very generous gift and said to get Tommy something, too. I am getting a $9 pair of Haggar khaki pants. Plus, I asked him if he could get on bathroom scales. No, he could not. The only way he can get on scales at the doctor's offices is because they have grab bars for him to pull on and hold onto.

I asked him if he could hold onto the refrigerator. He said that would work. The scales I am getting have the vertical pole-like thing with a display up about 46" so he does not have to bend over. Well, he cannot anyway. I think it is a lighted display. If you know of one that would work, I have not ordered this yet.

Gas is $1.45 here.

Today, we went to Cullman. The bank only has windows open, no lobby. Not another soul was in the PO. I called County agent at his home as he is not in his office. I talked to city guy who was locked in building. When I went to junk store, my friend I talked from about 10'+ from each other, and I did not get out of the car. I went into two grocery stores and found nothing I wanted. The Medical Supply Company where I had to pick up a medical device did not let me in. I got out of the car so she would not be invading our car space. The private nursery where I wanted to go does not answer so I can get blueberry plants for our area.

I paid $1.59/lb. for boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, buying three packages for a total of about ten pounds.

Since I slept two hours Wednesday night, I was not sorry to stay in the car so much and start home early.

Today is what Spring is all about--Sun all day, low humidity, bright Sun and good companion.  We went to the lake to eat and saw five children, all under about six-years-old. One was roller skating, one was on a bike, another on a skateboard, and one on a tiny skate board, and another had a scooter. Tagging along behind were two young women, one pushing a stroller. Ducks were playing in the water and air.

6 comments:

  1. Hey there, I live on the east coast of Canada... Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I was at Costco they had no chicken of any kind . Well, they did have rotisserie but I don't get that kind except if we have company and it fits in for a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Chicken has not disappeared where I live, but it is skimpy. The shelves are never quite full and bare in places.

      Delete
  3. I saw gas yesterday at $1.98 and was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live? We saw it for $1.45 and we were excited, too. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...