Saturday, April 18, 2020

Missing Vitamin and Tornadoes Forecast

When I first started taking melatonin, I used Natrol brand with B6 added. It seems over the years that the melatonin did not help me sleep as much as in the beginning. When I casually looked at the front of the bottle last week, I was shocked to see there was no B6 anymore.

After purchasing and taking a B6 every night with the melatonin, I have slept well. I wonder how long I have been taking melatonin that did not include the B6 vitamin. Without the vitamin, I had to take twice as much melatonin and then it took half or all night to go to sleep.

Hopefully, this new addition will allow me to fall asleep more easily from now on. B6 enhances chances of sleep.

Last weekend there were tornadoes with no deaths in Alabama but 30 deaths elsewhere in the South. This weekend the forecast is for more bad weather and tornadoes. GREAT! The chances here for tornadoes are slim, but Sunday is supposed to be bad, less bad right here.

When we went to Cullman, a mere 50 miles north, we saw damage on both sides of I-65 for about a mile, with trees snapped. Then, right before we got to the exit we took, there was another small area on both sides with more trees snapped.

I only worry that my garden will be damaged by hail. South of here, the weather will be worse. At least it is very warm. Hopefully, the basil, oregano, and rosemary will not blow off the porch since I transplanted them into really large, ugly pots from the junk pile. The pots they came in blew off unless I brought them in.

Today, I picked kale, red lettuce and Romaine for a salad. We are having spaghetti tonight as it is about all I can handle--just pour it out of the jar onto boiled pasta. Tommy is breaking up the salad greens for himself, drying them, too.

Tommy took red lettuce and Romaine to our neighbor next door. He mows our yard and picked up years of limbs and sticks. All the neighbors around here help Tommy with the yard and garbage. We will take some to the neighbor who is going to give us alligator meat he grills. He is the person who brings tommy's empty can back to the house.

I was only outside for about an hour and not active all the time. I have to go sit in the car when I am exhausted since there are NO chairs or steps to sit on. His ramp is over the steps.

Since I love spaghetti, dinner will please me. I went out and picked all three herbs. I dare not put basil in Tommy's bowl of spaghetti as he hates it will a passion....lol.

If you take melatonin, have you noticed it no longer has B6 in the tablets? Is it warm where you are and do you have a prediction of bad weather this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've never had B6 in my melatonin, but I do take a Over 50 Women's Vitamin daily. Something to consider if it no longer is working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAM,
    Well, it works now, and at a lower dose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am no help as I have never taken melatonin
    I sorely miss thunderstorms. I would retire back to the Midwest just to have them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I have never had the chance to miss thunderstorms, so I have no fond memories. I have memories of thunderstorms and damage from when I was four-years-old. These are specific storms not just memories of lots smushed together.

      Delete
  4. We have thunderstorms here,I hate them, so do two of my dogs. Still getting below freezing here enough to not plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      After last night's thunderstorms, I think I hate them, too. I planted March 13, and it has only gotten down to 39F one night. Thanks. I know you will be glad to be rid after frost.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...